Hat Badge Question

kaiserzeit

G'day All!

Have you ever seen this badge before, I have no idea what it is?:

insignia.jpg

From a photo that came with it, I think it is from some sort of veteran's organization. Any thoughts?

Cheers,

Laurie

Is it Brass or Gilt? Just wondering if it were anything to do with Chaplains? A large number of Germans were Catholic.I could be very wrong on this .Mark G. :???:

Hi Mark,

Thanks for pitching in. The badge appears to be gilt brass.

I don't think it relates to a chaplain as the other stuff I got with it was pretty standard for a guy from a combat unit.

Cheers,

Laurie

The badge is Danzig related.
The crown over the two crosses are the Stadtwappen (sorry for my poor english) of the former German and now German town of Danzig / Gdansk.

Regards
Gilles

Gilles is right and with the dark blue backing and the navy style ring (which emulates the ring around certain navy badges (the Luftschiffer patch, for instance), I would say it is a non-military club badge related to sailing, etc.

Chip

..."the navy style ring (which emulates the ring around certain navy badges (the Luftschiffer patch, for instance)"...
You mean the patch was worn horizontally? :-? :p
(ok Chip, Kaisergig/ Kadetten...)

Those kinds of badges were quite popular in Germany, they were worn on the front of navy style (civilian) caps, you'll find many patterns.
Laurie, could you please confirm the size?
Regards
Gilles

Back