Heavy Cavalry and Hussar Straps

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
A great collection of Heavy Cav straps from the Mike Ross collection:
IMG_0564-XL.jpg

Very cool and Rare!
H%20R%201-XL.jpg

Hussaren straps from the Steve McFarlan collection.
H%20R%202-XL.jpg

Images have been improved, not Steve's fault....only due to my old guy lack of computer expertise BUT I did solve the problem! :)

Awesome! The hussar collection seems to have some from almost every regiment (except 1 Leib Hussar and 12th, but those may not have had any special distinctions) I believe the striped ones are indicative of the wearer being a graduate of a military riding school. Very cool looking! :bravo: :bravo:

Thanks for your interest .The H R enlisted straps with 2 colors are the M1915 pattern .IMO the hardest ones to find .
I am missing 1 L H R 1 which took a cypher late of W II .They are hard to find .I do have an officers example
but I display the officers in another place .I am also missing H R 12 which in the M1915 would have the number 12
on it .I do not have an example of an enlisted H R strap from the Cavalry Riding School .I wish that I did .
Steve McFarland

Thanks for setting me straight on that Steve. I've been very interested in the Hussars lately and have been learning as much a I can. What is the small one for the 3rd (white in middle and a white/red stripe on edge)? Is that an Einjahrfreiwilligen, or were they always black and white stripes? Thanks!

Bob ;
I sent you an email with the answer to your question about the H R 3 strap .
Steve McFarland

Back