Help Needed

SkipperJohn

Is anyone familiar with Model 1866 Officer shoulder boards?
Specifically I am looking for information on junior officer shoulder boards for the 9th Grenadier Regiment.
I have used this website for information, but it is not detailed for every unit:

http://www.germandaggers.com/Gallery/CT0W.php

Can anyone tell me what the backing color was for the 9th Grenadiers in 1866?
Does anyone know if the shoulder board was generic or if it had a brass "9" on it?

Any information is appreciated!

Thanks,
John :scratch:

John,

white underlay and a “gold” 9 throughout the period of wear of the model 1866 shoulder boards.

Regards
Glenn

Glennj said:
John,

white underlay and a “gold” 9 throughout the period of wear of the model 1866 shoulder boards.

Regards
Glenn

Thanks Glenn. Was the nine a "9" or an "IX"?
Do you know if the epaulets were also white and were they bordered with gold or silver braid?

John :?

I found an Eaupeulette in „Die Deutsche Infanterie“ Band 1 (Page 386), it has a white Background, a red cloth underlay, a golden 9 (as Number) and a golden Edge. Unfortunately I donˋt know if the one of 1866 was looking identical.
11B85D71-AA8B-42E9-A346-5AFB2C55F44E.jpeg

John,

as per the illustration Sandy posted above; white epaulette field and the arabic numeral “9”. The braid was silver with 2 parallel black stripes.

Regards
Glenn

If I am not mistaken the Grenadier Regt. 9 and the Fuss Artillery Regt. 9 .where the same epaulette or shoulder straps .
I have a pair of epaulettes for G R 9 .
Steve McFarland

ronaldHah said:
And just a few more Quite a lot of girls Im not as familiar with as I would like :O

As mentioned before, any help, even with just one of the girls, would really be appreciated

Boy are you on the wrong website!

John

SkipperJohn said:
ronaldHah said:
And just a few more Quite a lot of girls Im not as familiar with as I would like :O

As mentioned before, any help, even with just one of the girls, would really be appreciated

Boy are you on the wrong website!

John

That's why he needs HELP. LOL

Back