Help to find a photograph

03FAHNEN

Many years ago a photograph was auctioned on eBay, with several white flags at the moment of being decorated with the Hindenburg Cross.

I think you can see my flag in that photo, so I would be very grateful if one of you was the buyer and could provide me with a high resolution picture.

Much appreciated.
Antonio

Fahnen Hindenburg Cross 10001.jpgFahnen Hindenburg Cross 10002.jpgimg 083.jpg

Many years ago a photograph was auctioned on eBay, with several white flags at the moment of being decorated with the Hindenburg Cross.

I think you can see my flag in that photo, so I would be very grateful if one of you was the buyer and could provide me with a high resolution picture.

Much appreciated.
Antonio

View attachment 33277View attachment 33278View attachment 33279
That is a nice photo
but I did not see it when it sold
You now own the Prussian white line Infantry flag
What regiment / batl is it from?
Some of the white flags were removed from the poles
back when General Patton's Army Corp had taken over
quite a number of the Imperial Army flags at the end of WWII
Redlin did an article about those flags
Thanks
Steve

I don't know which regiment it belongs to, Kube didn't specify, but I think it would be possible to trace it, as it probably came from the same place as the ones sold at auction 91, which mostly came from the IV and IX A.K.
The regiment that has more possibilities is the 163rd, specifically the 3rd Battalion (the 2nd Battalion is in the DHMInventarnr. Fa 2008/133).
All this based on the repair that appears in the corner of the flag on the right of the photo (III Battalion).

I don't know which regiment it belongs to, Kube didn't specify, but I think it would be possible to trace it, as it probably came from the same place as the ones sold at auction 91, which mostly came from the IV and IX A.K.
The regiment that has more possibilities is the 163rd, specifically the 3rd Battalion (the 2nd Battalion is in the DHMInventarnr. Fa 2008/133).
All this based on the repair that appears in the corner of the flag on the right of the photo (III Battalion).
That repair was done many years while the flag was still in service
My Eisenbahn flag has repairs like that
Steve

I can tell you which regiment this one is
Kurassiere Regt 7
SteveView attachment 33388

Steve, with this banner you leave us speechless, what more can you say, it's the best.

I will always be grateful to you for showing us these jewels, that museums so often hide in warehouses, and that it is so difficult to see and appreciate their beauty.

Steve, with this banner you leave us speechless, what more can you say, it's the best.

I will always be grateful to you for showing us these jewels, that museums so often hide in warehouses, and that it is so difficult to see and appreciate their beauty.
Thank you
This is what I call the "old muster " cavalry
some of the units were changed to the swallow tail design
The eagle flies to the sun
If I understand the motto correctly
" I yield to no one, no even the sun "
SteveK R 7   3.jpeg

Thank you very much for showing the pin, this narrows down the possibilities to the following regiments (excluding III Btl. of R.I. Nr. 148 with blue flag). which had the engraved date of their foundation: 31.MÄRZ 1897

31-03-1897.jpg

We can exclude the flags of the:

- Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 162, II. Bataillon (IR162/II) found in the DHM (inventory number: Fa 2008/131).
- Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 163, II. Bataillon (IR163/II) (DHM inventory number: Inventarnr. Fa 2008/133)

Thank you very much for showing the pin, this narrows down the possibilities to the following regiments (excluding III Btl. of R.I. Nr. 148 with blue flag). which had the engraved date of their foundation: 31.MÄRZ 1897

View attachment 33473
Very good research
I collect these 1900 Banderole streamers
some go with my flags
some are just the streamer
I will try and get some photos
Steve

Back