help with a question on the "Old" style Grenadier Plates

tony v

Hi

I am wondering is there any difference between the old style helmet plates used by the Grenadier Regiments and the ones worn by the old regiments of the Artillery ? Or is the only difference in the Officers helmet the spike instead of the ball finale?

asking because I have seen one without a spike or ball finale and wondered if it could stand as either.

thanks for any help.

regards

Tony

Hi

I am wondering is there any difference between the old style helmet plates used by the Grenadier Regiments and the ones worn by the old regiments of the Artillery ? Or is the only difference in the Officers helmet the spike instead of the ball finale?

asking because I have seen one without a spike or ball finale and wondered if it could stand as either.

thanks for any help.

regards

Tony
I don't know of any difference ?
Maybe other members can reply
Steve

Thanks guys.

Tony it's got flat chinscales and officer stars and cockades so not a OYV..or at least it's not now. FWR on the chest.

Also forgot to mention..... its got the Colberg 1807 scroll on the bottom......doh

so it could be either GR 9 or Foot Artillery rgt 2 then ?

Tempting.....

Last edited:
Update: I have gone for it and will pick up the pickelhaube at a show at the end of the month....pictures to follow once I have it in hand.

cheers for the help from fellow forum members... as ever much appreciated.

Back