Help with a Sword

Arran

Hi Gents,
I recently received this sword in a trade, and its completely outside my realm of knowledge. It was suggested that it might be from Wurttemberg, but for all I know it could be some sort of South American export model. I've tried to get pics of the salient features and markings, but if any additional are needed please say; any information is much appreciated!

Cheers,
Arran.

1zwton.jpg

2j5l6s2.jpg

2gvlgso.jpg

ifc1ee.jpg

2q33k77.jpg

290yloy.jpg

Artillerie-Munitionskolonne des XIII Armeekorps, 1st company weapon #70

Thanks Gustaf! Any notion on the State and model? I'll probably sell it, so I want to get my details correct...

Arran I am reasonably comfortable with all "patterns" of issue swords and Degen etc. and this is not a German pattern that I am aware of. You might be correct that it is some form of export sabre that was re-purposed.

I agree never seen a pommel quite like that one. I went through all my sword books, not German IMO

James

I believe this is a Wurttemberg Model 1817 cavalry saber. See German Swords and Sword Makers, Edged Weapon Makers from the 14th to the 20th Centuries by Richard H. Bezdek, page 216.

Reservist1

Thanks Reservist1! I don't have that book, but using that date reference I was able to find out a little online- It is an 1817 pattern Wurttemberg cavalry sabre after all...

The marking would be correct for a Wurttemburg weapon, but the marking would have to date after 1870

Back