Help with small medal?

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone have an idea who this is or what country. nothing on back, crudely made, about the size of a U.S. nickel

thanks

James

For me the Mustache, the Eyes and the Haircut looks typical like Hindenburg. I could imagine that it is a patriotic chain pendant for a Reservist. Also the collar looks like a Uniform-Collar and would match with similar portrayals of Hindenburg on coins or Medals.

I agree, I have got a beerstein here that looks similar.
I will post Photo's of it only if James agrees, it is no medal off course.

Greetings, Coert. :)

Okay James, here are 2 Photo's of my beerstein, and one of a very small painting I have of von Hindenburg.

The painting is really small, about 5 by 8cm's. I found the both of them at a fleamarket.

Greetings, Coert :)

James,
I believe that this might be a 1925 Hindenburg election pin/medal. Hundreds, if not thousands, of these were made and distributed, kind of like a campaign pin. There are many different examples. Can you identify what type of metal this is made of? Some of these pins/medals were made of aluminum, like the common Nazi "tinnies". These would oxidize white and eventually just turn to dust. The detail on this one is very, very rough while most of these had a rather sharp detail. This makes me think that it is badly oxidized aluminum or maybe a copy made from a wax mold.

Just a thought.

John :?

I’m also pretty sure that the Beerstein represents Bismark. Hindenburg has never worn a Tombac-Helmet but Bismark is often shown with it.
Concerning the Medal I would agree with aicusv that it could be a watch fob. But the election pin is also an interesting thought, even I would miss a slogan or Name in this case (But it was another period :-k )

Well I tell you fellows.

That beer stein looks just like me !!!!!

I am on the left and my buddy Robbie is on the right.

Here are a couple of examples of the election medals/pins that I am talking about:

AAjBOBq.jpg

vIdci5j.jpg

UuZqxAQ.jpg

John :)

Back