Hessian Dragoner

911car

I was planning to advertise this one for sale. Here is a pre-offer for forum members.
The finish is scuffed in places, and the Uberzug has left many marks, notably on the rear visor.
It is a period refurbishing, as is frequently the case with Hessian officer helmets. There are faint marks from another cruciform spike basis, but canvas prints from the Uberzug can be seen where this former basis sat, confirming that the helmet was worn in this configuration. There are also other holes in the front of the shell, but the only marks left in the shellac are from the current plate.
A well-worn, but all original and very rare helmet. Please ask for more pictures and information as needed.

L1060852.JPGL1060846.JPGL1060837.JPGL1060840.JPGL1060844.JPG

Hi Bruno.
Nice exemple of refurbushing helmet indeed. The duchy of Hesse wasn't the richest state of germany. May be a helmet for manoeuvers or drill exercices?
Hessian dragoner helmets are among the most beautiful in my opinion.

Very nice helmet Bruno! There may be some extra holes but all of the fittings on that helmet fit tight as they should. Hessen helmets are very special, a unique design.

I was planning to advertise this one for sale. Here is a pre-offer for forum members.
The finish is scuffed in places, and the Uberzug has left many marks, notably on the rear visor.
It is a period refurbishing, as is frequently the case with Hessian officer helmets. There are faint marks from another cruciform spike basis, but canvas prints from the Uberzug can be seen where this former basis sat, confirming that the helmet was worn in this configuration. There are also other holes in the front of the shell, but the only marks left in the shellac are from the current plate.
A well-worn, but all original and very rare helmet. Please ask for more pictures and information as needed.

View attachment 21963View attachment 21966View attachment 21969View attachment 21970View attachment 21971
Hello. I am new to the forum, but collect imperial Hesse! I want to buy this pickelhaube. What is your asking price? Thanks so much! -Arthur

Well, it isn't that difficult. Just hover with your computer mouse over 911car's profile. Click on "start a conversation " and it will work out fine.

Back