Hohenfriedberg Bandeau/scroll

Khukri

I noticed: The Hohenfriedberg commemorative scroll. "Bandeau" on the Officer and OR helmets of the Kürassier Regiment Königin [Pommersches] Nr.2 comes in the stamped, died version [Officers and OR...and yes...even the Kaisers helmetwappen is the died bandeau version: not added. Or the added bandeau version.[Officers and OR...Private purchase?] Perhaps these private purchase Hohenfriedberg Wappen were too delicate/thin to have this particular scroll stamped/died in. Hope you will be able to help here. Thank you!

Attachments

• Vgl Wappenadler.png
    Vgl Wappenadler.png
    722.7 KB · Views: 18
I noticed: The Hohenfriedberg commemorative scroll. "Bandeau" on the Officer and OR helmets of the Kürassier Regiment Königin [Pommersches] Nr.2 comes in the stamped, died version [Officers and OR...and yes...even the Kaisers helmetwappen is the died bandeau version: not added. Or the added bandeau version.[Officers and OR...Private purchase?] Perhaps these private purchase Hohenfriedberg Wappen were too delicate/thin to have this particular scroll stamped/died in. Hope you will be able to help here. Thank you!
Here are my K R 2 e m and K R 2 Officers helmets
both plates are one piece
I think that I have seen the banner added
I need to look at photos
A collector friend of mine at one time
owner the K R 2 helmet of the Crown Prince
SteveK R 2 e m.JPGK R 2 Officer.JPG

Thank you for the comment and these pictures. Great helmets. Probably the "added Bandeau" versions were the private purchase ones. Fragile. For parades. I'd guess it would be not wise to ad an Überzug on these. You might remove the Hohenfriedberg Bandeau with the cover....Regards from Flanders-Belgium!

I don’t know if I understand your question correctly, but each piece of equipment was bought for a specific wearing time and each regiment had only a fix budget at its disposal. If there were changes of pieces of equipment, existing pieces were therefore adapted as far as possible for the specific wearing time and not simply exchanged. The plates with the integrated scrolls were the later versions, bought after the wearing times of the existing plates expired. Officers were probably better off, so if they could afford it, they exchanged the entire plate.

Here is another interesting article on this specific plate by Col. J: Kürassier Regt Nr 2 Wappen

Thank you for your information. Would there be some info in the old makers catalogues?

from memory since the scroll continues with the 2 ends made into the plate
It is still a one piece stamping and then the extra banner added over it
in other words the 3 -D Banner is over the original stamped Banner
Steve
Steve, great info. Great detective work! Indeed...of course! First there was the "stamped" Hohenfriedberg Wappen. This 3-D Bandeau must be a fashionable Pimp of the original Wappen. The only proof to this is to remove a pimped Hohenfriedberg Wappen off the helmet and have a closer look. Huis Doorn in the Netherlands: the Kaiser's Kürassier Regiment Königin [Pommersches] Nr.2 helmet has never been pimped to the 3-D version!

Steve, great info. Great detective work! Indeed...of course! First there was the "stamped" Hohenfriedberg Wappen. This 3-D Bandeau must be a fashionable Pimp of the original Wappen. The only proof to this is to remove a pimped Hohenfriedberg Wappen off the helmet and have a closer look. Huis Doorn in the Netherlands: the Kaiser's Kürassier Regiment Königin [Pommersches] Nr.2 helmet has never been pimped to the 3-D version!
If you look for a back side photo of such a plate, please have a look to the linked article from Col. J „Kürassier Regt Nr 2 Wappen
In this he showed a photo of the front and back side of the 3D version above and also a plate and also of a normal landwehr eagle with a scroll.
ABAC56F6-A17E-4952-8D61-468DEDA5FF63.jpeg
8F09E042-A886-42EB-9D1A-04CD49C0B385.jpeg825E72A9-C259-4055-A013-8D6A4AC515E4.jpeg

ABAC56F6-A17E-4952-8D61-468DEDA5FF63.jpeg.jpg
The EM mine was like the picture post by Sandman the head was soldered and the prongs separated with a part of the prussian moto. But the rest and the hohenffriedberg moto was monobloc.

Back