How to recognize a good Russian Imperial adrian helmet

stuka f

hello,

the title says it all.

Got a few adrian's (other then Russian's!) in the collection, but is ther anything in particular to look for ??

I'll get the pictures later on, and will poste them asap.

To be honest I think you go in assuming every single one is bad. I know many "advanced" helmet collectors and I've seen three from guys that say, "this one is real and what you want to see" - along with another dozen that aren't likely to be good. The thing is even the three that the experts claim are "real" aren't exactly the same. So that means at least one of those three is possibly bad.

I don't have a Russian Model 1915 helmet, and I've seen a couple over the years I wish I had bought. I certainly wouldn't pay the $1,200+ that the supposed "good ones" go for. This isn't just a case of provenance. This - at least in my opinion - comes down to buying from the dealer that everyone believes, because otherwise you're always going to end up with someone else saying it isn't good.

I wish I had more insight on this subject, but frankly even some of the Russian Model 1915 helmets I've seen in museums are clearly fakes.

Hey Peter,

thanks for your message.
Didn't know it was that bad.
Just got the pictures, but I think I will leave it where it is.
cheers
Kris

Back