HR 17 totenkopf and banderol, needed.

stuka f said:
Parcel must be nearby.....
Just got the news customs is charging me 212.75 euro!
:x :-x
Yikes! That is very steep. Did someone in the customs office misplace a decimal point? Ouch! I'm sure it will feel a little better when the package arrives :)

This is far out the most I ever had to pay ...
It might have to do with the provenance (Canada! ??) a friend of me collecting books also had to pay 110 euro for a book worth 600 euro (coming from Canada too).
I had parcels coming from the US worth as much as thise one and never had to pay more then 75 euro.

But I'll keep this in mind next time I do business with the Belgian National customs museum! :D

It is in!
Looks great!!
Many thanks to the sender/seller!
But have to go to the office now......... #-o :|

What was the declared value on the package? Obviously, that determines customs duties. In my experience in past years there was another unknown factor.....who processed the package and assigned the duty amount. This unknown factor seems to have lessened recently at least between CN and US. To my knowledge, the customs officer of the receiving nation determines the amount of duty. Belgium could also have a higher tariff rate on goods from N America. Recently, as part of our new free trade deal with the US, the value of a product crossing the border with no duties was increased. So more goods crossing with no duties charged.

There was no declared value it was listed as a gift.
Had my birthday recently ...! ;-)
It was insured for 1000 ca$.

Once I didnt had to pay any custom duties on a pickel coming from (James) in the us, on my birthday.
Didn't worked this time.

So sorry you had to pay so much income declarations Kris.
I had no difficulties getting books, or other things sent to me from Canada, or the US.
Other than some motorcycleparts from the US, I had to pay nothing, the motorcycleparts however, were sent as such, so I had to pay taxes, but never more than €95,00. Maybe Belgian Customs department differ from us in the Netherlands.

Unfortunately Kris, you declared the value by insuring it for $1,000 CN so they hit you with duty on that amount. By the way.....word on the street here in CN is that the Belgians keep their beer prices low by charging high duties on any goods coming from CN! :D
I also think that you were a victim of the unknown Belgian customs officer who thought...yea "a gift worth $1K CN" that has to be Bull S!!
Bottom line, you can not rely on "yer birthday" and James as usual, led you astray :D He does that to us all!! It took me awhile, but I finally taught him how to legitimately send his helmets across our border so I could repair them without any customs charges. Besides by this time, after 50- 60 hauben being sent, I am probably well known to both US and CN customs as some freak who repairs old spikey hats! I must comment also that fortunately, I have never had a piece lost/damaged by either USPS or CN Post....30+ years! :thumb up: My most distant project came from Budapest years ago and again no problems.

Always look on the bright side.
They are here that is what matters.

I know chances that anything gets lost are little.
I send like a parcel a day, and had 3 losses, only one recovery over all my years.
And using nearly all existing postal services.

I've found that listing something as a gift is a red flag to Customs. I'll usually list as "used parts".

aicusv said:
I've found that listing something as a gift is a red flag to Customs. I'll usually list as "used parts".

Is this true ?

I always send as gift ( for my models )

Some people have me send as 100 year old antique . ( helmets )
They say this gets by the customs with little pain.

I would like to help my international friends out .

What is the best way to title items ?

pickelhauben said:
aicusv said:

Is this true ?

I always send as gift ( for my models )

Some people have me send as 100 year old antique . ( helmets )
They say this gets by the customs with little pain.

I would like to help my international friends out .

What is the best way to title items ?
Well, the M95 Train battallion helmet I bought from you, I had to pay nothing to Customs here.
Only, I can't remember how you titled it, if you can, than that was the right way, for me at least.

Greetings, Coert. :thumb up:

I'm usually sending parts or pieces of things. So that worked for me. If gift has been working then keep doing it. I knew who also included a Birthday card in his packages.

Back