Hussars schirmmütze.....6° or 10°?

I do definitly agee that fieldgrey is more expensive, but the reason is not rare or not, it has that touch of history, being used during war / combat, whereas ‘dunkelblau’ is more associatied with peacetime parade drill ( which is not as interesting)…
You are perfectly right. What you say is true for most collectors.

can I have your precious help once again?
Apart from the name of the town I wasn't able tor read correctly the rest of the stamp..
Really thanks for the the help...
Regards
Giorgio

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 18
You are perfectly right. What you say is true for most collectors.
Seems that feldgrau caps would be much more scarce than prewar considering the limited years of manufacture. Also, the caps are less commonly seen on the market.
On another note, it seems HR11 caps are very common based on my experience. Not only Weitze but many other dealers have listed various HR11 caps. I wonder why that is so……

Apart from the name of the town I wasn't able tor read correctly the rest of the stamp..
Regards
Giorgio
Sometimes a stamp like that might be for a costume shop
They used real hats after the war as no one was collecting them
that IMO does NOT lessen the value of the hat
IF that is the case
I have owned hats like that in the past
Steve

Seems that feldgrau caps would be much more scarce than prewar considering the limited years of manufacture. Also, the caps are less commonly seen on the market.
On another note, it seems HR11 caps are very common based on my experience. Not only Weitze but many other dealers have listed various HR11 caps. I wonder why that is so……
On the other hand, the enormous wartime mobilization dwarfed the old peacetime army - tons of feldgrau gear was produced (and of course went through a horrific destructive war, so there's that too). The pre-war cavalry still tends to command higher prices, probably since the regiments are either unique or limited to a very small number of similar units, unlike the infantry or artillery/technical/pioneer regiments, and can be very scarce.

And agreed re: HR11 - I think much of the scarcity has to do with regimental region/location. The hardest regiments to find, IMO, are those from what ended up being East Germany or were peeled off Germany after WW1. HR11 was from Westphalia, well outside the Soviet occupation zone. I also find KR4 to be the most commonly found Kürassier regiment for the same reason (also Westphalian). And frequently sold as "Gardes du Corps" due to the similar color scheme...even if a Münster maker's mark is present. :)

Just my $0.02 theory...

Regards
Giorgio
Looks like "Fritz Vahldieck" to me. The family name is associated with Stendal, but I can't find reference to a business. Can't make out the street address.

On the other hand, the enormous wartime mobilization dwarfed the old peacetime army - tons of feldgrau gear was produced (and of course went through a horrific destructive war, so there's that too). The pre-war cavalry still tends to command higher prices, probably since the regiments are either unique or limited to a very small number of similar units, unlike the infantry or artillery/technical/pioneer regiments, and can be very scarce.

And agreed re: HR11 - I think much of the scarcity has to do with regimental region/location. The hardest regiments to find, IMO, are those from what ended up being East Germany or were peeled off Germany after WW1. HR11 was from Westphalia, well outside the Soviet occupation zone. I also find KR4 to be the most commonly found Kürassier regiment for the same reason (also Westphalian). And frequently sold as "Gardes du Corps" due to the similar color scheme...even if a Münster maker's mark is present. :)

Just my $0.02 theory...
I agree there is something to be said for a "peacetime Army "
especially the cavalry regiments
all of the Prussian Glory , the last of the German Army pre WWI
there will never be another time like it
Steve

IF that is the case
Steve
Really thanks Steve for this infos....(y)I appreciate...
Giorgio

IF that is the case
Steve
Schadewachten 7-8, the street an the building still exist.

Andererseits hat die enorme Kriegsmobilität die alte Friedensarmee in den Schatten gelegt - Tonnen von Feldgrüstung wurden produziert (und natürlich durch einen schrecklichen zerstörerischen Krieg gegangen, so dass es auch das gibt." "Die Vorkriegskanalrie neigt immer noch dazu, höhere Preise zu befehlen, wahrscheinlich da die Regimenten entweder einzigartig oder auf eine sehr kleine Anzahl ähnlicher Einheiten beschränkt sind, im Gegensatz zu den Infanterien oder Artillerie/technischen/Pionierregiments und können sehr knapp sein.

Und vereinbart re: HR11 - Ich denke, dass ein Großteil der Knappheit mit der Regimentalregion/Lage zu tun hat. Die schwierigsten Regiments, IMO, sind die von dem, was am Ende Ostdeutschland war oder nach dem Zweiten Weltkrieg aus Deutschland abgekleidet wurde. HR11 stammte aus Westphalia, weit außerhalb der sowjetischen Besetzung. Ich finde KR4 auch das am häufigsten vorkommte Kürassier-Regiment aus dem gleichen Grund (auch Westphalian). Und häufig als "Gardes du Corps" verkauft wurde... auch wenn ein Münster-Maker Marke ist vorhanden. :)

Nur meine $0,02 Theorie...
Thats it. Some parts ofGermany became after the first world Part of poland. These are the hardest to find, like KR5.

Back