I R 92 Braunschweig

KAGGR#1

The Music Meister of I R 92 Braunschweig .He wears the helmet with the running horse .His name is Rudolf Hischer .
The music straps had 3 different models over the pre war years .He wears the 2nd model that was worn from
1908 to 1912 .After 1912 the 3rd model was all red for all regiments .M M I R 92.jpeg
I collect and look for music meister shoulder straps and photos of music meisters .
Note the Totenkopft on his officers sword
Steve McFarland

Amazingly clear and crisp photo. Thank you for posting it. It shows how gleaming a spike helmet could be, making the matte silver finish of the plate stand out extraordinarily.

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent ! The only comment that I can make is that I think the thin
schnurr in the middle of the shoulder straps would be white .That is a guess
since I have never seen an I R 92 Music Meister strap in person .
I think the color would follow whatever was the color of the enlisted
strap for I R 92 which was white .All these music meister straps are very hard
to find .Only 1 man wore them at a given time .I collect music straps IF and
when I can find them .Also a collector friend in Germany has a great collection
of music meister straps .These can be seen in Mike Kelso's book ; "Under the Arms
of the Kaiser "
thanks for doing the color it looks great !
Here is my pair of Music Meister for Baden G R 110
the centers are white
these are model # 2 worn 1908 to 1912
Steve
M M G R 110 Model 1908 1912.jpeg

Excellent ! The only comment that I can make is that I think the thin
schnurr in the middle of the shoulder straps would be white .That is a guess
since I have never seen an I R 92 Music Meister strap in person .
I think the color would follow whatever was the color of the enlisted
strap for I R 92 which was white .All these music meister straps are very hard
to find .Only 1 man wore them at a given time .I collect music straps IF and
when I can find them .Also a collector friend in Germany has a great collection
of music meister straps .These can be seen in Mike Kelso's book ; "Under the Arms
of the Kaiser "
thanks for doing the color it looks great !
Here is my pair of Music Meister for Baden G R 110
the centers are white
these are model # 2 worn 1908 to 1912
Steve
View attachment 13983
Hi Steve, thank you for your comment. Unfortunately I didn’t find much about IR92 Musicians in my books.
It was just written that the Shoulderstraps would be silver/gold and uses the color of the collars. And because it the thin cord got another color on the b/w-photo, I chose the red one.
Or do you mean another part of the Shoulderstrap?

Attachments

• 3D4BD3F2-7441-433D-87B4-C6AC1BE7EF3D.jpeg
    3D4BD3F2-7441-433D-87B4-C6AC1BE7EF3D.jpeg
    79.1 KB · Views: 9
Here we see Herr Hischer's entry in the Militär-Musiker-Adreßbuch of 1909. Born on 27 March 1866 in Berlin, he entered Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 120 on 3 November 1883. Transferring to Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 92 on 1 October 1887, he was appointed that regiments Stabshoboist on 29 July 1898 and was promoted to Militär-Musik-Dirigent on 18 August 1908. The photo dates somewhat later than 1909 as amongst others the Bulgarian civil order of merit with crown is not yet listed. He was still alive in 1940 as he is listed the city's address book of that year at Wachholtzstraße 16 as an Obermusikeister a.D.

Regards
Glenn

Attachments

• Hischer.jpg
    Hischer.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 8
Sandmann ;
Yes the part that you circled .Just the thin red line in the middle .And that is a guess
on my part .
Steve

The only comment that I can make is that I think the thin
schnurr in the middle of the shoulder straps would be white
Absolutely correct. The new insignia of rank of the Obermusikmeister and Musikmeister were introduced per all highest cabinet order of 10 December 1908. The strap is described as being:

5.5 cm wide including the outer piping, stiffened and "blunted" at the upper (button) end, the upper and side furnished with 1.6 cm wide silver (Musikmeister) braid with two 1 mm wide black strips. a 1 mm outer edging in shoulder strap colour is visible, the underlay in the colour of the shoulder strap.

The Obermusikmeister wore in addition between the outer silver braid a 4 mm wide golden flat braid.

Regards
Glenn

Back