Ich bin ein Braunschweiger

Zebedeus

Since i was a kid, I was fashinating by nordic sages and pirates' tales with them symbology.
Over all the skull is the icone utilized by the armies of all the nations in the world. The skull symbol convoys its dark message above any languages....and in any historical era. I love it.
Now I leave you to the images....I have to go. I have an appointment with my analyst.....
Have to go

-the symbol of the skull [sometimes a complete skeleton] on military uniforms/headgear: "No quarter given to the enemy; no quarter expected from the enemy"

M.1872 tshako.
In the 92th infantry regiment only the fusilier battalion (leib bataillon) worn the skull over the badeau "peninsula". The shako was replaced by pickelhaube on 1886.

View attachment 28377
Zeb ;
May I please add this ? The condition is less than I like but it is only one that
I have been offered .I traced it back to an old Ron Manion sale many years ago .
The owner placed it with Der Rittmeister to be sold .That is where I bought it .
IMO it was not a bad price from him .A vets flag for I R 92 .The running horse on one side
and the Totenkopf's on both sides .Some of the little plaques nailed to the pole have
totenkopf's . I sure do like your shako
SteveI R 92  Veterans Flag.jpeg

Zeb ;
May I please add this ? The condition is less than I like but it is only one that
I have been offered .I traced it back to an old Ron Manion sale many years ago .
The owner placed it with Der Rittmeister to be sold .That is where I bought it .
IMO it was not a bad price from him .A vets flag for I R 92 .The running horse on one side
and the Totenkopf's on both sides .Some of the little plaques nailed to the pole have
totenkopf's . I sure do like your shako
SteveView attachment 28395
Wow Steve, another of your treasure! This is not rare, but unique. Never seen another one. Thank for sharing us. Wow, wow and wow again. I dont' belive my eyes.

Mod.1863 tshako. This is the previous model worn by the 1th and 2th battaillon of line infanterie of Braunschweig. The influence of french military fashion is evident in it's particular shape. On the front the star of the hausenorden with the motto "immota fides".20230102_125727.jpg20230102_130216.jpg20230102_125826.jpg

Zebedeus those are remarkable! I’ve never seen an IR92 1872 Tschako before. Ein Traumstück!

After 1886 when Braunschweig switched to Pickelhaubes, they sold 2,162 Tschako to the Preußen War Ministry to be converted for Jäger Battalions. Probably some collectors over the years have scoffed at these Tschako as they would have had extra holes behind the eagle Wappen…..

Back