I'm trying to catch back up -- Colonel Ron Jager heaven

joerookery

JzP6.JPG

JzP6%2002.JPG

JzPR6%20marking.JPG

8JzP%20em%2001.JPG

8JzP%20em%2002.JPG

8JzP%20marking.jpg

There is a wartime yet to go, but I am pacing myself.

Joe, Col. Ron,

Thank you once again for sharing some wonderful helmets with us.

Joe, is that the dreaded cockade for U.Offiziere mit Portepee I see on the JzP8 helm?

8JzP-em-02a.jpg

Also, this photo very clearly demonstrates the difference in colour between brass (the wappen) and tombak (the chinscales and spike).

Cheers,

Laurie

Ron: Your JzP 6 helmet looks like it has chemically darkened chinscales. Only JzP 5 and JzP 6 wore blackened chinscales. Darn scarce helmets, particularly with the proper chinscales, exceptionally nice helmet.

Reservist1

Yes, the chinscales on the 6th JzPferde helmet have been chemically darkened. All of my remaining helmets are "just the way I got them" other than being a bit more dusty and tarnished. I really prize unit markings and names in my helmets and uniforms and I have really enjoyed seeing the many examples of this on the forum.

Ron

Hi Ron:

Pardon my ignorance, but is that the correct Wappen for 6. JzP? Didn't all the JzP regiments wear a dragoon style eagle?

Confused,

Chas.

epsomgreen said:
// is that the correct Wappen for 6. JzP? Didn't all the JzP regiments wear a dragoon style eagle?

Hi Chas,

Line chicken came first, Dragoner chicken came later. See>> http://www.kaisersbunker.com/pt/JzP_helme.htm

Hi Tony:

Thank you for providing the informative link.

Chas.

Back