Imperial German Cavalry weapons of the 1890's

cptbob

An 1888 Cavalry Carbine framed by a pair of 1889 cavalry sabers. I believe these were standard issue to all the cavalry regiments. An 1879 ReichsRevolver, the sidearm of the Cavalry NCOs and trumpeters. An Officers Lions head saber with the crossed swords and lances of the Uhlans.
Examples of all these weapons can be found in one or both of the Reservist pictures included.
IMG_9636.JPG
The Kar 88 is marked on the barrel band to the 3rd Hussar Regiment. The period postcard under it shows Hussars of this Regiment firing carbines of this model
IMG_9545.JPG
13th Uhlan Regiment 1899
IMG_9637.JPG
15th Hussar Regiment 1894
IMG_9639.JPG

Very nice 1879 Reichs Revolver. Probably the most awful designed handgun I have ever held. Its like holding a steel cucumber.

dbe07.jpg

The maker is "S & S V.C.S. C.G.H. SUHL". On the back of the frame grip, the revolver is unit marked "JM XVI 1 16." (Infantry Machine Gun Battalion 6, 1st company, gun 16).

Tony without Kaiser said:
Very nice 1879 Reichs Revolver. Probably the most awful designed handgun I have ever held. Its like holding a steel cucumber.

The maker is "S & S V.C.S. C.G.H. SUHL". On the back of the frame grip, the revolver is unit marked "JM XVI 1 16." (Infantry Machine Gun Battalion 6, 1st company, gun 16).

Nice combo! I don't have a holster yet. Keeping my eyes open. Mine is from the same Suhl Consortium(as I've heard it described) manufacturer and marked to 61A5.30 (61st Artillery, 5th Battery)

Back