Imperial Regt. flag photos Tannenberg

KAGGR#1

I am not sure if these should go here or in the photo section .Here have been no posts in this
section for over a year .So I will post them here .I am a collector of flags and original photos
of Imperial German flags .Here are a couple in my collection.
photo 1 ; Flags being trooped to the Tannenberg Memorial circa 1933 by the "new Armee "
Note they wear the WWI transition helmets .There are no eagles on the chest of the uniforms
photo 2 ; A real photo postcard of the flags placed in one of the towers of the Tannenberg Memorial .
Before the flags could be made for the new Armee they continued to troop the Imperial colors of
Der Alten Armee
SteveImperial flags on the way to Tannenberg.jpeg

Imperial flags at Tannenberg.jpeg

Excellent photos Steve! It makes sense but I had no idea that the old regimental flags were used by the “new army “ of 1933.

Brian ;
Thank you .The story that I have always heard is that when they got ready to do the "new "
flags for the German Armee they could not find all the ladies who could do the work .
So they called back the women who had done the work on the Imperial flags .
Here is one of my favorite real photo postcards .The new Armee with the Imperial flags
Nurnberg 9.9. 1935 .By now the soldiers are wearing the breast eagle .Out front are the 4 Batl. flags
of the 1. Garde Regt. zu Fuss .They carry on their poles real orders ,We see the Hohenzollern House order .
No doubt for some special event . Perhaps some member who knows more about the 3rd Reich flags
can tell us when they were first completed and used
SteveView attachment I G Flags Nurnberg 9 9 1935.jpeg

Steve, Brian,

it think it was more of a carrying on of traditions of former regiments as opposed to being the official standards of the the new Reichsheer. A "Führerbefehl" of 16 March 1936 ordered the introduction of new colours for the armed forces, the first new standards being presented to units of the Luftwaffe on 21 April 1936.

Steve,

I Believe your photograph dates from the 18 September 1927 dedication of the Tannenberg memorial.

Regards
Glenn

Back