Imperial Rings

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
I do not actively collect these, but from time to time will pick up a ring or two, these are may latest finds.

Love the one with regimental markings.

Kinda fun

James

DSC00876.jpg

DSC00877.jpg

DSC00878.jpg

DSC00879.jpg

DSC00880.jpg

Very cool James!
I've always wanted to buy me a ring myself since this is basically the only German Imperial militaria one could actually wear in everyday life and still look 'normal' but since these didn't follow rules or standards, how can you tell a authentic/period one from a replica?

The Regimental rings are the best. The steel ring in James' first photo (the one on the far right) was issued by a German organization in New York in 1914 to raise money for Germany, they sold in the 60 and 70s for $3.95, a bit more now. I have also seen a pin version where the ring was not bent, but flat (it is welded in the back). These were my examples, but are currently in the possession of Thor, the Norse God of Thunder.
sunset021.jpg

Best
Gus

I have 3, none of which are regimental. I wear one on each hand and my son Logan wears the other...his choice, no coercion required. He did run afoul of his Math teacher though who thought his ring was Nazi in origin. I straightened the teacher out at parents night.

Logan wears the one on the far left. All are German silver and hallmarked. I love the quality of the enameling. There are lots of CEF sweetheart pins up for sale on Ebay but I have yet to see any mens' rings

Thanks James, my favourite is the middle one which came from Ebay. The other 2 turned up in a local antique mall from the same dealer. Looking forward to seeing your new ones.

Thanks James some very nice examples! I have never seen the Bavarian ones before. The enameled ones really appeal to me for some reason. Logan wears one and I wear 2 all the time.

James that makes 2 of us.... at least. I only know of one in a private collection. Sadly not mine. :???:

This chap is clearly thinking about selling his ring because he sure has no idea about 'health and safety'.

08A71.jpg

Back