Infanterie-Leibregiment Nr.117 officer shoulder boards

meme32

Hi Everyone

I just come across this set of IR 117 offizier shoulder boards, these are nice and impressive shoulder boards.

From what I have read, the color of the shoulder boards thread had to be red/white for Hesse.
So I dont know if this is correct or it's a put together piece.

I am really not an expert about shoulder boards, I would appreciate to get your feedbacks before purchasing this set.

Many thanks

IMG_7711.jpgIMG_7712.jpgIMG_7713.jpgIMG_7714.jpgIMG_7715.jpgIMG_7716.jpgIMG_7717.jpgIMG_7718.jpgIMG_7719.jpgIMG_7720.jpgIMG_7721.jpgIMG_7722.jpgIMG_7723.jpg

A knowledgeable member from WAF stated the following when you posted these items there:

"The shoulder boards have a blue (Color or 117 infantry) underlay but also the colored thread which is woven into the shoulder boards looks blue?
From what I have seen the color of this thread had to be red/white for Hesse. Look at the Epaulette there it is red.
Example: https://www.weitze.net/militaria/66/...7__407766.html
Dont know if this is also correct or it's a put together piece. You can try to lift the "A" Chiffre carefully and see if it has been there for a long time and so left a mark onto the shoulder board."

Did you try to carefully lift the "A" Chiffre or "cypher" to see if it has been there a long time, and see if it has left a mark on the shoulder board? And check to see if the color underneath the Cypher may be darker under the "A" cypher as would be normal if the cypher has been on the there a long time?

You are right but the shoulder boards are not in my possession now !
So I can not lift the A cypher....

The pair of epaulettes sure look 100 % correct to me
and they are nice
did you buy them ?
I will have something to say later about the shoulder straps
Steve

Many thanks Steve for your reply.

Indeed I also like the epaulettes but the seller is not willing to split the set. He only wants to sell shoulder straps and epaulettes together...Honestly I am lost with the shoulder straps, from my readings it should have red/white colour thread woven into the shoulder board as it is Hessen...

I am looking forward to hearing your opinion on the shoulder straps !

Kind regards

Many thanks Steve for your reply.

Indeed I also like the epaulettes but the seller is not willing to split the set. He only wants to sell shoulder straps and epaulettes together...Honestly I am lost with the shoulder straps, from my readings it should have red/white colour thread woven into the shoulder board as it is Hessen...

I am looking forward to hearing your opinion on the shoulder straps !

Kind regards
I have a Hessian pair with Prussian colors
I think they are 100 % correct
but I can NOT tell you why
photo to follow
Steve

I have a Hessian pair with Prussian colors
I think they are 100 % correct
but I can NOT tell you why
photo to follow
Steve
Depending on the price I would buy the set of the shoulder straps
and the epaulettes .If you would want to talk price then send me a P M
Here is my pair
Mine are for a Major and single underlay of white
yours are Lt. Col and double underlay of white & blue
SteveI R 117 pair Major.jpeg

Depending on the price I would buy the set of the shoulder straps
and the epaulettes .If you would want to talk price then send me a P M
Here is my pair
Mine are for a Major and single underlay of white
yours are Lt. Col and double underlay of white & blue
SteveView attachment 29030
It is hard for me to understand that someone has a lot of lose Hessian I R117
cyphers and crowns to place on Prussian straps ?
Mine pair I have owned for many years
They came from Jan K Kube some years ago
I understand they are against regulations.
Steve

Back