inspector military music

Kaisersammler

Today I would like to introduce something special. Probably unique. The vulture plume of an inspector military music. These had the rank of staff officer and were responsible for the entire military music of the hussar regiments. If anyone has any further information I would be very grateful.

Attachments

• DSCN3555.JPG
    DSCN3555.JPG
    3.9 MB · Views: 7
  • DSCN3557.JPG
    DSCN3557.JPG
    4.1 MB · Views: 7
Today I would like to introduce something special. Probably unique. The vulture plume of an inspector military music. These had the rank of staff officer and were responsible for the entire military music of the hussar regiments. If anyone has any further information I would be very grateful.
Never seen before or even heard of
Do you have any shoulder straps for Husaren Music Meister ?
Steve

Supposedly the shoulder boards are still at the dealer. I'll try to get them. Which I doubt though. If not, I'll put it up for auction.

If anyone has any further information I would be very grateful.

To be honest, I am a little bit confused. In the first instance, the two "Armee-Musik-Inspizienten" were military officials both in the rank class of "Subalternbeamten", i.e. with a rank equivalence broadly to that of a captain and lieutenant respectively As at 1914 Professor Theodor Grawert and Oskar Hackenberger

1. Armee=Musik-Inspizient: 2 gold rosettes on the epaulette.
2. Armee=Musik-Inspizient: 1 gold rosette on the epaulette.

Their uniforms are described in exquisite detail in the 1908 "Zusammenstellung der Uniformen und Abzeichen der Beamten des Königlich Preußischen Heeres" (DVE Nr. 317a). The headdress was a leather helmet with round front and rear peaks, gold fittings and round spike base and small silver official's shield. No plume.

Regards
Glenn

I can only pass on what was described to me. I also have a Uhlans chapka with a red buffalo hair bush. Also an officer. I think this is a very difficult "birth"

I never heard of the existence of a general inspector of music for husaren regiments only. The closest thing I can think of is the Obermusikmeister in each husaren regiment. Here is an illustration in my archives, showing Obermusikmeister of the Huseren Regiment Nr.13. He is not wearing a plume. If he does I think it should be the same as other ranks' instead of officers'. I'm no expert, but maybe there were special cases?

sdgs_001.jpg

He is not wearing a plume. If he does I think it should be the same as other ranks' instead of officers'

Although cavalry headdress is not explicitly detailed in the "Uniform-Bestimmungen für das Musikmeister des Königlich Preußischen Heeres", published in the Armee-Veordnungsblatt of 1908, page 532 through 355, the description of the "Helm" states "Haarbusch wie Hoboisten", i.e. plume as per the musicians.

The amendments of 1912 dealt in the most part with the new shoulder boards and mentions no alteration to headdress.

Regards
Glenn

Supposedly I get the shoulder pieces at the fair in Giessen. But I don't have high hopes. The dealer promises a lot and keeps little!

According the book „Uniformenkunde. Das Deutsche Heer - Friedensuniformen bei Ausbruch des Weltkrieges“ the „Armee-Musikinspizient“ wore, like Glenn stated, a leather helmet with round front visor, a smooth spike on round fitting, an eagle plate with bandeau and gilded curved chinscales. That's why I also think that the red plume comes from a "Musikmeister", because they wore officer-like uniforms since 1908. As you can see in the linked video (around minute 3) all hussar musicians wore red plumes.
Kaiser Wilhelm II Kronprinze Leib Husarenregiment in Danzig und Langfuhr 1911

According the book „Uniformenkunde. Das Deutsche Heer - Friedensuniformen bei Ausbruch des Weltkrieges“ the „Armee-Musikinspizient“ wore, like Glenn stated, a leather helmet with round front visor, a smooth spike on round fitting, an eagle plate with bandeau and gilded curved chinscales. That's why I also think that the red plume comes from a "Musikmeister", because they wore officer-like uniforms since 1908. As you can see in the linked video (around minute 3) all hussar musicians wore red plumes.
Kaiser Wilhelm II Kronprinze Leib Husarenregiment in Danzig und Langfuhr 1911
I saw also both of the regiment standartes in some frames .
Steve

Back