Interesting Überzug

drakegoodman

From a Reserve-Infanterie-Regiment? Frustratingly the numerals under the chin strap are indistinguishable.

Reverse is blank apart from the details of the Brandenburg a/H atelier who produced the card.

4132373661_eaaa4aca59_b.jpg

Original size

I think I'm having what they call postcard envy! Thank you for posting this! I have not seen this before but italicized letter R was used to designate reserves on weapons markings. There are books on weapons abbreviations that are pretty complete however I find that helmets seldom Follow the same rules. This is really good!

joerookery said:
I think I'm having what they call postcard envy! Thank you for posting this! I have not seen this before but italicized letter R was used to designate reserves on weapons markings. There are books on weapons abbreviations that are pretty complete however I find that helmets seldom Follow the same rules. This is really good!

Thanks for the feedback Joe - much appreciated. I've trawled through my books and can't find another example of the italicized R überzug hidden in there either.

-Brett

Hi gents,

I don't have feedback concerning the helmet cover, but the picture looks like this guy is wearing corduroy trousers. Does it look that way to you?

Bryan.

USMC-EOD said:
Hi gents,

I don't have feedback concerning the helmet cover, but the picture looks like this guy is wearing corduroy trousers. Does it look that way to you?

Bryan.
It is very likely that he is, the Germans and French used a lot of corduroy for trousers, the Austrians used it for Tunics.
Gus

Thanks Gus. I have not seen many trousers; canteen covers and other stuff-yes. That's interesting. Bryan.

Back