Interesting ???????

lugercarbine

What do you guys think about this helmet?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pickelhaube-German-model-1889-with-dress-plume_W0QQitemZ160068940543QQihZ006QQcategoryZ13965QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks Russ :D

Yes, very interesting that people would actually bid on a complete and total bogus helmet without doing any research. A quick search on the internet would show what an actual Wappen looks like. Incredible that people are willing to spend $ without spending a few minutes to learn.

Hey Tony,
I can not see that the hemet body is bogus, It looks like a fairly decent Korpus in a large size, the chin strap looks like a reproduction due to the colour of the brass, and the photos are very poor, able to hide many signs, but if the Korpus is real, the curent price is not as bad as $1200 for a common M1915.
Gus

Gustaf said:
Hey Tony,
I can not see that the hemet body is bogus, It looks like a fairly decent Korpus in a large size, the chin strap looks like a reproduction due to the colour of the brass, and the photos are very poor, able to hide many signs, but if the Korpus is real, the curent price is not as bad as $1200 for a common M1915.
Gus

Whoops! You are correct. A fine investment for a helmet with a fake Wappen and no liner. Watch how high it gets bid to......

You are right, Tony, I would bet that it will bring a couple of thousand bucks, and some one will put it on their shelf like it is a prize, but my point was that it was not totally bogus. Is the trichter reproduction too? If so, what are the tell tell signs?
Gus

Back