Introducing myself

kaiserwilhelm2

Hi Guys,

Probably like most if not all of you I am an Imperial collector. My main focus is Germany 1870-1918 but I also have an interest in and a smaller collection of Austro-Hungarian medals, headgear and uniforms. If money was not an issue I would have a bigger AH-collection but as it is Germany gets priority. My Imperial German collecting interests are: uniforms, shoulder boards/straps, headgear, medal bars with EK2s and buckles - in about that order. I am interested in both pre-war darkblue and fieldgrey items. Saxon items hold a special place in my heart although I am not exclusive and am quite happy with my Bavarian, Wuerttemberg, Prussian, Hessian and so on items. My militaria collection interest goes back about 30 years and I regularly contribute to the WAF. I love to visit military museums, battlefields and read political-military history. Besides this I love my family and am an avid hunter (ducks, geese, pigeons, various deer, hare and so on). As I live in Norway I am able to hunt just about anything right outside my house and during the hunting season I hunt most days at least until the snow gets too high. We have about 5-6 months of snow every year here. I also enjoy good tv shows such as Better call Saul, True Detective, Ballers and so on. Besides loving living in Norway, I always am happy to spend my holidays in the US, Germany and Austria. Well I leave my introduction at that. Happy to be here and hopefully make some new friends.

Cheers, Tom

Welcome aboard Tom. Since you joined a while back, you already know that there is a world of information here, provided by some very nice people from all over the world. I too collect Imperial German militaria, with special interest in cavalry items--including unit marked Lugers, leather goods, pickelhaubes, steins, sabers, lance, etc. Of course, funds determine the extent that my lust is overcome by my reason.

Glad to have you here Tom, look forward to seeing your posts and added wealth of knowledge on Imperial collecting.

I am also and avid hunter, and had to make a hard choice to miss a good local military show coming up to go Duck hunting instead as we always do as a family on opener.

James

Great to see you over here Tom!

You have a fantastic wealth of knowledge and an excellent willingness to share and help out. I look forward to your postings here as well.

Best Regards,

Alan

Back