IR3 board

aicusv

This is the most recent board I've picked up. Believe it is for a OYV in IR3.
RW%20shoulder%20brd_zpspbs40p9d.jpg

I was a little confused was IR110 wore almost the same board, but I believe their OYV piping would be different.

I've posted this here to keep the Kaiser's Bunker Dunkelblau Shoulder Straps free of other comments.

It is a 2. Badisches Grenadier-Regiment Kaiser Wilhelm I. Nr. 110 shoulder strap. The Baden units as fully incorporated units of the Prussian Army wore the normal Prussian "One Year Volunteer" cord.

Regards
Glenn

Glenn is, of course, correct. No surprise there :study:

aicusv can you see the difference between Grenadier-Regt. König Friedrich Wilhelm I (2.Ostpreußisches) Nr.3 (Königsberg i. Pr.) I Armee Korps and 2. Badisches Grenadier-Regt. Kaiser Wilhelm I. Nr.110 (Mannheim; II Bn Heidelburg) XIV Armee Korps?

GR3 is FWR and GR110 is WR.

GR3_GR110.jpg

Excellent OYV private purchase straps all round.....I have also found the cyphers, the combinations of entwined letters very confusing. I hope that practice makes this a bit easier.

With these eyes it is sometimes hard to make out the little differences. I did notice the difference in the style of the letters between my board and the other GR110, but then mine is for an overcoat.
Thanks to all.

Back