IR89 or IR90

zeebas101

Hello,

I found this Mecklenburg haube on ebay, I am interested but also have some concerns. The patina of the wappen does not match the rest of the helmet, the wappen fits into the original holes but there are also extra holes beside it, and the markings are unclear - I can only see “JR” and date “190-” but the seller says there are no other markings.
Opinions?

A helmet to be bought only under the guarantee of an auctioneer, or from a well-known and respected collector, and never by 'teleshopping'
There are many observations that make it a composite helmet. The tip has a problem, the skirt should cap the entire chimney cover.
As Festwagner said, the cocades and chinstrap are reproductions. As for the front plate, in view of the problems mentioned, you absolutely must have access to the reverse to be able to appreciate it. Meck Aisne14 Ebay24.GIF
I
Schwerin Meckl.GIF
. That said, it's a good thing there are forums... and too bad for the gullible innocents who don't take precautions.

There are many observations that make it a composite helmet. The tip has a problem, the skirt should cap the entire chimney cover.
I also noticed that about the spike, but thought it was only a variation in the manufacture of the helmet..

The fireplace certainly consisted of two parts. Different periods. The base older than the top. Most likely the upper part comes from a helmet from Bavaria. The strap, one bow and the sheet metal underneath in my opinion a copy.

The point is not a normal Mecklenburg Schwerin point. Fluted points of this type can be :
---GzFR1 but in nickel silver. "
---Mecklenburg-Schwerin troop and officer (FR90 fixed, GR89 -dévissante (except Strelitz-Bataillon)
---Bavarian M86 cavalry and artillery helmet group and officer.
---Prussian generals and others.
But none of them end like this.

Back