is this an original or a reproduction?

awozny1965

I am wondering if by looking at these two pictures there is a way to tell if this is an original helmet. Seller states that it is an officer's helmet with probably a new liner.
Thanks

Attachments

• helmet.jpg
    helmet.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 49
  • helmet1.jpg
    helmet1.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 46
In my opinion it if a fake
the stitches are very long
the liner is also a fake
the visors look to have their grain side out ( EM not officers )
so that is wrong also

Pickelhauben,

thanks for your response. That's what I think as well especially looking at the snap on mechanism at the rear visor versus it being attached with a screw. On the other hand the hardware inside the helmet looks old as far one can tell from the picture.
Thanks
Andreas

Attachments

• helmet2.png
    helmet2.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 19
The first copies of the pickelhaubes were mass-produced in the seventies of the last century, which means they are already around fifty years old, nothing is original on the presented unit.
Wojtek

Attachments

• DSC00580.JPG
    DSC00580.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 12
Thanks Wojtek,

can you explain why you think that? I assume it has to do with the picture you attached but what exactly am I looking for?

Thanks

It will be difficult for me to explain what the inadequacies of this subject are in English.When translated from Polish to English in a translator, miracles will come out.
Thanks Wojtek,

can you explain why you think that? I assume it has to do with the picture you attached but what exactly am I looking for?

Thanks

See at Tony's how the Kugel looks, especially the string of pearls.I have not seen such a Kugel fixing,where the black fixing plate is,but it is not clear what for?I am not able to list all the errors, because the translator will still translate badly from Polish to English and some linguistic oddities will come out.

Last edited by a moderator:
See at Tony's how the Kugel looks, especially the string of pearls.I have not seen such a Kugel fixing,where the black fixing plate is,but it is not clear what for?I am not able to list all the errors, because the translator will still translate badly from Polish to English and some linguistic oddities will come out.https://www.kaisersbunker.com/dunkelblau/helmets/dbh21.htm
I see what you mean with the string of pearls. I will definitely stay away from it. Sometimes when a deal is too good it isn't a good deal at all.

This is how the correct sewing should look like. Have a nice day.

Attachments

• DSC00584.JPG
    DSC00584.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 5
  • DSC00588.JPG
    DSC00588.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 5
Back