Isn't me dumb? I cannot find delete button

Amybellars

I just couldn't find the delete button in the private inbox . I can tick all the little boxes and then it says export to xxx GO and noting about delete :eek:

Ok Amy, we need to clarify a bit with this issue....are you saying you can not delete PM's? Email me the problem and I will see what we can do. To other members: The platform upon which the entire forum is based is a phpBB program. Whoever created this, posts upgrades every so often and naturally, when I hire a tech company to fix things, they upgrade to the latest version. Unfortunately, we seem to lose certain features everytime we upgrade. For example, we are now accumulating pages of "new posts" where in the past, once you read them they no longer appeared on your list of NP's. I also wish to give members an advanced warning that this site is going to be monetized in the fall of this year, just like many of the other militaria forums. The yearly membership fee will not be excessive but it is going to happen. Personally, I am tired of fronting the maintenance costs of this platform despite the contributions of a loyal 6/7 members who always pay every year. The present situation where we have 3,151 members and 99% do not support the forum is UNACCEPTABLE! So my fellow collectors, you will be required to pay up, just as you do on the other militaria sites that you are members of.

It is a good idea Brian. :thumb up:
But it works 2 way's, being a paid forum might also keep out the spammers! :)
As I contribute every year to the costs of keeping this forum great I wouldn't mind being a member if this is really going to be a paidmembership.
So paying for the forum is good.

I might add, that of the majority of the 3151 members here, only a few are constantly reacting and posting pics.
So it might also stir them up and start posting pics and being more active. But this said, also note that it is not said in a negative way to our more silent members. As some people are probably not so open. (Note: not ment negative)

Keep up the good work, and let us know when this will be active, the paid membership.

Greetings, Coert. :)

For those of us inconsiderate basxxxds who just don't think about those things, it is a great way to get us to do what we already know is the right thing to do but just don't do it. Dues sound good to me Brian. Bring it on.

Amybellars said:
I just couldn't find the delete button in the private inbox . I can tick all the little boxes and then it says export to xxx GO and noting about delete :eek:

Very odd. You are correct Amy, the delete option has disappeared. Even when in a PM message. This means that member's PM boxes will quickly fill to their maximum and refuse new PMs. Awkward development.

Well, yet another reason for monetization so I can afford to pay to get these things fixed. Obviously, tech service for the forum will improve once we are paying a "professional" company to look after things. I am on pension folks as most of you know, so give me a month and we will get things rolling. This will be done in 2 stages...first get the forum files moved from the UK and then set up the changes required for membership. I did list this as a problem when the new company did the latest upgrade but was told that this would not be a simple fix...which of course means more $$ so I had to back off. Supposedly, I am ancient but even I can not understand, why an upgrade screws up good features on our forum.

Well Brian, I am a regular poster on our local Dutch motorcycle forum too, which was a php forum too
Now it has changed, using this:
https://xenforo.com/
It works beautifully, but had some things modified to make it perfect. Little things.
Then again, I am in no way an expert in these things.. The admins there were busy making it work wel, in that community,
and it took some time. The upgrades there worked out well, some glitches offçourse, but hey, they were fixed.
I am looking forward to a better future for our forum too!
Have a nice evening folks,

Greetings, Coert.

Hi Brian
I fully support the paid membership.

I have seen auctioneers coming onto the website trying to tape on our knowledge and they save on getting a paid assessors.
We are like some experts with no cost 😂

Thank you Tony so I am not that dumb after all. At first, I thought it was because I was on my cell phone, so I moved to a desktop and I still cannot delete my old messages.

Glad that I have clarify my doubts.

Very good Amy, please, never ever call yourself dumb, all of us guys are very lucky to have a female collector here with us, especially one who has such a large collection which can provide examples when we discuss things. I continuously make mistakes in my responses to certain posts here and I appreciate those who have more expertise to correct me (Tony!)...occasionally my ego gets a pounding (Bruno!) but that is a good thing, well... it's ok. I am man enough and smart enough to accept a lesson. We have an exceptional forum here, to my mind. I do not go on other militaria forums and frankly could give a sht.Their problems do not concern me unless they affect us here. Thank you, for letting me know about auctioneers Amy, we will fix this problem. Yes, we have provided much expertise with no cost but again with improved revenue, we will change things. Last Amy, if you know of any other women who collect militaria ask them to check out our forum and perhaps join us. :thumb up:

b.loree said:
Very good Amy, please, never ever call yourself dumb, all of us guys are very lucky to have a female collector here with us, especially one who has such a large collection which can provide examples when we discuss things. I continuously make mistakes in my responses to certain posts here and I appreciate those who have more expertise to correct me (Tony!)...occasionally my ego gets a pounding (Bruno!) but that is a good thing, well... it's ok. I am man enough and smart enough to accept a lesson. We have an exceptional forum here, to my mind. I do not go on other militaria forums and frankly could give a sht.Their problems do not concern me unless they affect us here. Thank you, for letting me know about auctioneers Amy, we will fix this problem. Yes, we have provided much expertise with no cost but again with improved revenue, we will change things. Last Amy, if you know of any other women who collect militaria ask them to check out our forum and perhaps join us. :thumb up:

Hmmm, share all men on this forum with another woman??? That will dilute the attention that I get. I have to seriously think about it 😂😅😜

To be honest, no I haven't met another female militaria collector. But randy said there is another female collector in Europe, in hers 70s and she knows her stuff well.

Brian,

Although pickelhaubes aren’t my main collecting interest, I contribute funds each year, as it’s a brilliant forum with knowledgeable, helpful and courteous members. It’s very disappointing that so very few people do so, particularly if you’re having to take a hit financially to keep the show on the road. The move to paying membership makes good sense.

Patrick

Back