J B 10

Thanks everyone, beautiful shako Steve. Garde U....is that an early version of an officer wappen for this Battalion No. 10?

Thanks everyone, beautiful shako Steve. Garde U....is that an early version of an officer wappen for this Battalion No. 10?
Yes, so to speak. It comes from an officer's shako of the Hanoverian Garde-Jäger Battalion. This unit was transformed into JB 10 after the war of 1866. 25 years later the bandeau was (re-) avared to commemorate the achievements of the units which have Hanoverian origin.

Attachments

• 98D815E3-D9AF-4CCE-98E8-DDBDAA1582DF.jpeg
    98D815E3-D9AF-4CCE-98E8-DDBDAA1582DF.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 13
James always picks on me Amy, he is like the older brother I never had/wanted 😊 I am an only child, no siblings. That is a beautiful M15 JB 10 Amy. Steve and James your shakos are awesome too! Garde Ulan thanks for the second Photo and explanation. 👍

Yes, so to speak. It comes from an officer's shako of the Hanoverian Garde-Jäger Battalion. This unit was transformed into JB 10 after the war of 1866. 25 years later the bandeau was (re-) avared to commemorate the achievements of the units which have Hanoverian origin.
The hannoverian star officers' emblem of this tshako is really a masterpieces. It's completely hand painted on the ceramic base. On the centre S. George on his horse who is killing the dragoon. In my opinion thi is high jewellery.

Back