J z P helmet at Weitze

KAGGR#1

Did anyone see the J z P e m wartime helmet at the Weitze Friday update ?
It is not the blued body that I am use to seeing
The finish is like a Kurassiere helemt body .
Has anyone seen this before ?
here is the Weitze #
Steve

here is the Weitze #
Steve
1,650 Euro
Steve

Yes. Explanation says: blanc metal helmet. Cleaned. Feldgrau Adler Wappen. With feldgrau leather chinstrap. Rust.

Was this a late batch; war-time order: no time/ extra costs for chemical blackening...?

here is the Weitze #
Steve

Hi Steve,

I saw one that was pulled out of the woodwork some 20-25 years ago by the late Howard Crouse of Paullina, IA. I had it in hand at a MAX Show in Pittsburg, PA and it appeared to be original, never blued steel body. So in other words, it looked like it was never cleaned, and never had any bluing on the body of the helmet. It looked legit, but it was very strange to see this JzP type of helmet with no bluing on the body. I tried to buy it, but he wouldn't sell it to me. Howard was well known amongst fellow Iowans for not being willing to sell anything to any fellow Iowa collectors. Very quirky, and odd behavior. I'm not sure if Mike Cherry from ?CA ended up with it or who purchased it.

Best Wishes,

Alan

I think the helmet looks very convincing,
the other way round, I have a Kurassier helmet that has a blued body, as is the normal colour for JzP,
and the blued Kurrasier helmet is a known variant, (most have a silver finish), so it should be not surprising to have a sliver JzP shell although seldom encountered, (anyway silver body it is also the colour of JzP officer helmets).

Prussia 1st World War Helmet M 15 for crews of regiments of hunters on horseback​

Kammerstück 1915. Blank, unburnished steel bell. Complete with all fittings. The dragoon eagle in iron field grey, cleaned. Original field grey leather storm strap on button 91, with the two large cockades. The tip on cross leaf with bayonet lock removable. Inside with jellished leather lining, the front umbrella green, the neck shade black lacquered. In the bell stamp of the manufacturer "Otto Nachtigall Berlin 1915", the edge rail around the neck shade with the size stamp "58". The bell of the helmet, especially on the front screen with traces of rust, beautiful imprint of the eagle. Condition 2-

Preußen 1. Weltkrieg Helm M 15 für Mannschaften der Regimenter Jäger zu Pferde​

Kammerstück 1915. Blanke, nicht brünierte Stahlglocke. Komplett mit allen Beschlägen. Der Dragoneradler in Eisen feldgrau, gereinigt. Originaler feldgrauer Ledersturmriemen an Knopf 91, mit den beiden großen Kokarden. Die Spitze auf Kreuzblatt mit Bajonettverschluss abnehmbar. Innen mit gelaschtem Lederfutter, der Vorderschirm grün, der Nackenschirm schwarz lackiert. In der Glocke Stempel des Herstellers "Otto Nachtigall Berlin 1915", die Randschiene um den Nackenschirm mit dem Größenstempel "58". Die Glocke des Helmes, besonders am Vorderschirm mit Rostspuren, schöner Abdruck des Adlers. Zustand 2-3.

Back