Jäger Krätchen

Pionier

My new M1910 Jäger Krätchen

krat1bu3.jpg

krat2cd6.jpg

krat3nn8.jpg

krat4lq8.jpg

Pionier:

Great cap in wonderful condition! However, from the color in your photos I dont't believe you have a jager cap but rather a Einheitsmutze (universal cap) which was introduced in 1916 and was used to replace and simplify all of the prior differing colored band and piping combinations. Interestingly, the markings inside indicate the cap was issued to a Prussian guard unit.

Regards

Dave

Dave I have a good example of one at the museum , it is all faldgraue , this mutze has a deffined GREEN band and trim.
Mark

Mark:
The Bavarian Einheitsmutze would be completely feldgrau. Prussian (and other states other than Bavarian) used the medium apple green "Tuch" which was also used on the collars of the Bluses. A M-1910 jager mutze would use the graugrun top (not feldgrau) and the medium to dark green piping and band.
Regards

Dave

Hey Mark,
I have to agree with Dave, (even thought I do not want to because he is kinda wierd) but the Jäger Mütze I had, was a very different colour, as I think about it, I think the body of the Mütze was very close to the colour of the band and piping on this one.
Best wishes
Gus

Back