JR 94 OR Wappen

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
This wappen is not part of my collection it belongs to a friend who has given permission for me to post some pics. Some interesting characteristics....this is one of the cupro aluminium plates that Lacarde mentiions in vol1. Note the copper red hue to the eagle which does have the correct Fuerst motto. The Saxon cartouche which fits perfectly is brass instead of white metal. We have encountered this before on Saxon wappen but as yet not one of the Duchies. The piece needs cleaning , the left loop has been replaced and poorly soldered. For those new collectors we know this is JR95 instead of JR94 because the wreath surrounding the Saxon coat of arms has laurel leaves on both sides. JR 94 has oak leaves on the right and laurel on the left. Brian

BadenLandwehrCav022.jpg

BadenLandwehrCav024.jpg

b.loree said:
we know this is JR94 instead of JR95 because the wreath surrounding the Saxon coat of arms has laurel leaves on both sides. JR 95 has oak leaves on the right and laurel on the left.

Hi Brian:

Forgive me, but you have that backwards. IR 94 = laurels and oaks; IR 95 = all laurels.

Chas.

Back