Junemann Officer Helmet JR 160

b.loree

Administrator
Staff member
I bought this helmet at the SOS 2018 in order to restore it. I put it up for sale reluctantly, because it has the clearest marked named/ ownership on an officer helmet, that I have ever seen in 40 years of collecting. Most times, if there is any name at all on an officer or OR's helmet it is written in pencil on the visor, a cloth laundry tag, or up in the shell of the helmet. The German script is always hard to translate but Junemann chose to be different, using ink he printed his rank, name, 2nd Komp. J.R. 160 on the sweat band of his helmet. Our members have looked him up on the Range Liste and he did survive the War. I offer his restored helmet up for sale......both visors have been restitched, both chin scales have been rebuilt and the silk liner has been stitched back in. There are no replaced parts, scales, wappen etc. All retain their original gilding, nothing has been cleaned except spike spine, bosses and wappen but no harm has been done to gilding. Price, is $900US, plus postage to your location, I only deal in US dollars in the pickelhaube world at least in North America. The photos:
IMG_1359-M.jpg

IMG_1360-M.jpg

There is some damage to the lacquer, and evidence of an uberzug having been worn.
IMG_1361-M.jpg

IMG_1362-M.jpg

IMG_1363-M.jpg

IMG_1364-M.jpg

IMG_1366-M.jpg

There is no doubt, who owned this helmet 100+ years ago. Contact: [email protected] or PM here on the forum.

Back