JzP on ePay

JohnS3rd

Hi Folks
All the talk about JzPs and the great comparison thread by Skipper John have sparked my interest in these helmets. Has anyone taken a look at this JzP? It looks like it might be a C.E. Juncker based upon John's post. However, the chin strap may be a reproduction and not an original period one because the back of the leather chinstrap is dyed black on the back. Is this a valid observation? Thanks in advance for your feedback.
John

The liner on this helmet is very strange. The tongues are too long for it to be considered a normal liner. I have a liner similar to this on a Kurassier helmet (M15), but the tongues on it are not as long as they are on this JzP. The spike is different than those on my helmets but I believe it to be legit. If you question the spike have the seller send you a photo of the inside of it so you can take a close look at the channel where the locking studs go. Other than that it is a nice looking, legitimate, helmet, in my opinion.
A chinstrap that is black on both sides does not necessarily mean that it has been dyed on both sides. The leather can turn black because of dirt, use, age, sweat, or it could be dyed. The fact that the chinstrap is black on both sides would not concern me. The fact that the ends of the chinstrap appear to be glued concerns me. It may be that the leather on the chinstrap has been replaced while using the original metal fittings. I have a couple of helmets like that.
It is priced too high (again, my opinion), but the seller is accepting offers.

John

Last edited:
John
Thank you for sharing your knowledge on this style of helmet yet again. I appreciate your feedback on the chinstrap. I plan on asking about it if he replies to my first question. Yes, I agree the helmet seems to high too me also.
Thanks
John

You might consider offering him a price equal to a helmet that doesn't have a liner or chinstrap at all.
Of course, I doubt he'll take it.
These helmets are not that hard to find. I would suggest that you wait for a better one.

John

Hi John,
I think you are correct both the chinstrap and liner are too many distractors to the value of the helmet; I have to be patient and bode my time for a better one.

I received the following photos concerning the spike from the seller photos of the inside of the channel where the locking studs go, just in case someone else wants to make an offer.

Thanks again for your sound advice.
John

Attachments

• 1915 JzP Spike inside 1.jpg
    1915 JzP Spike inside 1.jpg
    186 KB · Views: 6
  • 1915 JzP Spike inside 2.jpg
    1915 JzP Spike inside 2.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 1915 JzP Spike inside 3.jpg
    1915 JzP Spike inside 3.jpg
    784.9 KB · Views: 6