K.u.K Austrian grouping from a Kaiser Tiroler Jäger

argonne

Hi Gentlemen collectors!
I have something here I don´t know much about (I am collecting only Pickelhauben).
End of last year I was able to purchase a K.u.K. grouping from an old estate in Austria.
Following things were found in a old house in Vorarlberg:

-A few period picts are showing a Kaiser Tiroler Jäger from the 1. Jäger Regiment in Innsbruck (III Bataillon, 10. Kompanie) (identity of the guy is known!)

- a war report of this Jäger (5 pages) giving a lot of details about his first war action, between 17. and 31 August 1914 on the eastern front (Ukraina, near the town of Rudki / Sambor). The guy wrote a lot of impressive things, how he killed 5 russians soldiers and one russian officer with his bajonet. He was wounded three times in a week and then went home for convalescence. Most of the Jäger of those Austrian units never came back from Ukraina and were k.i.a. till 1915....Very impressive report!!!

- and at last but not least, his M95 Steyr Gewehr (the long pre war one) was also found there with a scarce special front adaptation on it for a cruciform russian bajonet. Bajonet is also part of this grouping and fit perfectly the Steyr, which is completely untouched since the war, same numbers stamped on all the parts! Only a very very little bit rust.
Leather sling still also mounted on it! Has never been in collector hands.

If you are interested, just pm me for some picts. Only can send in the EU. I absolutely don´t know the price for this kind of things. Your appreciation would be welcome!
Thank you!

Argonne

Back