Kaiserliche Marine Tellermütze-S.M.Y. Hohenzollern

Kaiser Wilhelm II

This is a Tellermütze from the Yacht S.M.Y./S.M.S. Hohenzollern, the Private Yacht of Kaiser Wilhelm II from 1893 to 1918.

I purchased this piece at the beginning of May at a show near to me. I spotted it out from under several Kriegsmarine Caps.
Naval items are very important to me personally, and this is my first, and a grand one at that.

The outside of the cap is in Great shape, and has no major moth holes, with mothing being limited to some minor tracking.
The Liner has some issues, but nothing I am worried about. I am very happy with this cap.

Pardon the Somewhat awkward photographs, as I haven't a proper display for this yet.

-Hayden

1716246414487.jpeg

1716246519034.jpeg
1716246572585.jpeg
1716246607821.jpeg
1716246622713.jpeg
1716246643079.jpeg
1716246988572.png

Last edited:
This puts my -Imperial German- Headgear collection to the whopping number of three.
With it now looking like this.
1716247109032.jpeg

For further Information on SMY Hohenzollern, she was ordered and had her keel laid in 1892 and completed/launched in 1893 by Stettiner Werft AG Vulcan, and it would serve as the Imperial Yacht and an Aviso, replacing the outdated paddle steamer SMY Kaiseradler, formerly the first SMY Hohenzollern, of course named for Prussia's Ruling House. It would serve as effectively an Imperial transportation system, taking the Kaiser or his family on state visits, and taking the Kaiser on his Nordic vacation annually, and it even was boarded and toured by President Theodore Roosevelt when it crossed the Atlantic with Prince Heinrich of Prussia on board. Wilhelm II would end up spending in total over 2 years on the Ship. It would even attend the Kiel Regatta at one point. It is worth it to note that this cap would not be worn in the Kaiser's presence, but inbest of it would be a large straw hat. The Hohenzollern would fall into the hands of the Weimar Republic, and would be scrapped in 1920. There is much to be read about the ship, and she is most interesting to learn about, and if anyone is interested, it is worth it to read about her trips and protocols, witch are far different than on a standard vessel of the Kaiserliche Marine.

-Hayden

Last edited:
This puts my "Imperial German Headgear" collection to the whopping number of three.
With it now looking like this.
View attachment 46016

For further Information on SMY Hohenzollern, she was ordered in 1892 and completed/launched in 1893 by Stettiner Werft AG Vulcan, and it would serve as the Imperial Yacht and an Aviso, replacing the outdated paddle steamer SMY Kaiseradler, formerly the first SMY Hohenzollern, of course named for Prussia's Ruling House. It would serve as effectively an Imperial transportation system, taking the Kaiser or his family on state visits, and taking the Kaiser on his Nordic vacation annually, and it even was boarded and toured by President Theodore Roosevelt when it crossed the Atlantic with Prince Heinrich of Prussia on board. Wilhelm II would end up spending in total over 2 years on the Ship. It would even attend the Kiel Regatta at one point. It is worth it to note that this cap would not be worn in the Kaiser's presence, but inbest of it would be a large straw hat. The Hohenzollern would fall into the hands of the Weimar Republic, and would be scrapped in 1920. There is much to be read about the ship, and she is most interesting to learn about, and if anyone is interested, it is worth it to read about her trips and protocols, witch are far different than on a standard vessel of the Kaiserliche Marine.

-Hayden
Nice helmets
Go for the condition that you have here
Steve

Back