Kube Auction

Reiner, some people are going crazy these days!
Money may need to be found…..
Good for the collectors who want to sell now!
Frank

Goods yesterday at the Kube auction.
Unfortunately, I went home a bit. The prices were extremely high. I was interested in the officers' uniforms. But at some point bidding will end. Some people are crazy.
So you are happy with what you have.
Well, that's bad news - but not surprising, sadly. My bids have been blown out of the water the past few auctions by some truly startling hammer prices. I guess I'll prepare myself for a repeat with this auction!

Well, that's bad news - but not surprising, sadly. My bids have been blown out of the water the past few auctions by some truly startling hammer prices. I guess I'll prepare myself for a repeat with this auction!
I have all but given up on auctions
Hermann ships from Germany to USA
on their invoice they declare full hammer price
you pay them the 25 % and they do it "their way "
over the years items 100 years old are duty free
but states need the money so bad
if they see an invoice worth their while
they send me a bill for state income tax of an extra 9.75 %
with pay up or else
and they months to send me the bill
and then charge me interest on the amount
Steve

A friend of mine was present, and he pays very well for TR items. He told me he was "blown out of the water" on everything!!!

I tend not to look at auctions. I much prefer networking and shows...

I too avoid buying at auctions, crazy prices plus commission and then import duty. I do like the glossy catalogues but that's the extent of my participation.
The next auction I go to will be the sale of my collection but only if my wife takes me in my urn....:ROFLMAO:

tony

update on auction status, showing the wife my post she said "can't be bothered to go to that, might watch it on online".....

so I guess I won't be going either.

I only bid on one item and got it for the high price I expected. The limits were set very low.
Does anyone have the results? I only get the catalog and because I don't pay for it, I don't get any result list.

I only bid on one item and got it for the high price I expected. The limits were set very low.
Does anyone have the results? I only get the catalog and because I don't pay for it, I don't get any result list.
Kube will ever send us the results sheet unless we pay
this is the way it has been for years
I expect no change with him
all others publish their results
Steve

Auctions in the UK are now charging up to 37.5% to both seller and buyer - making their take on each item close up to 80% of the hammer price. Buying from an auction abroad is nearly as bad plus outrageous shipping fees (not for swords etc, as NOBODY here will now accept 'weapons' for shipment/delivery even if they are antiques) and Customs play dumb, routinely charging FULL import duties rather than the 5% antiques fee they ought to charge - the onus is on you to appeal to the ombudsman for them to implement the REAL charge of 5% by YOU providing documentary proof that it actually is an antique. The last time I bought like that I had to tell them that I would hardly be prepared to pay a purchase price over £1000 for something that wasn't an antique - they didn't even acknowledge that statement.
Not a situation to encourage using any auction, anywhere.

Last edited:
Thank you for posting! I actually won some items . You were the first to let me know as I wait for the Pony Express delivery.

Has anyone in the United States received an invoice for Kube's May 20th auction yet? By letter, email , smoke signals ?
In the past if I won something at Kube
I asked them to attach a copy of the invoice to an email
so that I could get it paid
Steve

In the US and received my invoice. Usually, it takes Kube about a week and change to generate invoices. Check your Spam mail. There is also a possibility you and another buyer put in the same amount for a bid. Not sure how he handles ties.

In the US and received my invoice. Usually, it takes Kube about a week and change to generate invoices. Check your Spam mail. There is also a possibility you and another buyer put in the same amount for a bid. Not sure how he handles ties.
Same - astonishingly, it arrived (via email) the Monday after the auction. But 3-5 days is more typical.

Nothing yet. Prior to the auction, Kube acknowledged that he had received my mail bids by return email. According to the result list provided above by Claudio ,I won several things, mainly regimental histories. I emailed Kube yesterday , no response yet.

Mystery solved. Never saw first invoice from Kube but the second one, upon my inquiry, did come in a "spam/junk" folder yesterday. 190 Euros in shipping fees , those books are heavy.

Back