Kürassier Helmet Preußen

brusik1

Hello everybody,
can someone tell me which model the helmet is from?
I am not sure if the chinstrap is from the helmet.
I currently only have these photos

Thank you

Attachments

• eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.png
    401 KB · Views: 3,451
  • ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg - Kopie.png
    ggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg - Kopie.png
    405.7 KB · Views: 3,451
Read this thread:

https://www.pickelhaubes.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=11811

It appears to be the same 1853/60 version with the soldered on bandeau.
The Wappen on yours is for the reserve or Landwehr, and it appears to be an officer version. The Kokarde is enlisted.

John :)

brusik1 said:
the helmets are slightly different: the tip, the shape of the visor ... :-k

yap, the spike base doesn't look quite right.

Will see if I can find time to take a look at mine to observe the difference.

Amybellars said:
brusik1 said:
the helmets are slightly different: the tip, the shape of the visor ... :-k

yap, the spike base doesn't look quite right.

Will see if I can find time to take a look at mine to observe the difference.

Thank you

I still think that this is a good helmet. It's hard to tell everything from just two photos, but I have seen that type of "domed" spike base before. This helmet could be a model 1857 modified to 1860, or it could be a Model 1860 to start with. The brass trim would be a good indicator. In 1862 the brass trim was reduced from 8mm to 5mm. I believe that the Wappen is for an officer. It is very detailed compared to the one on my helmet (and it is absolutely beautiful). This might lead me to believe that this helmet was privately purchased, possibly for a OYV, or that it is a Fahnrich helmet. We need photos of the profile, trim, and interior.

SkipperJohn said:
I still think that this is a good helmet. It's hard to tell everything from just two photos, but I have seen that type of "domed" spike base before. This helmet could be a model 1857 modified to 1860, or it could be a Model 1860 to start with. The brass trim would be a good indicator. In 1862 the brass trim was reduced from 8mm to 5mm. I believe that the Wappen is for an officer. It is very detailed compared to the one on my helmet (and it is absolutely beautiful). This might lead me to believe that this helmet was privately purchased, possibly for a OYV, or that it is a Fahnrich helmet. We need photos of the profile, trim, and interior.

When the helmet comes, I'll take some pictures

brusik1 said:
SkipperJohn said:

When the helmet comes, I'll take some pictures

So I take it that congratulations are in order?
Great helmet.

John :bravo:

maybe these photos can help us

Attachments

• IMG_8904.JPG
    IMG_8904.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,218
  • IMG_8905.JPG
    IMG_8905.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,218
  • IMG_8906.JPG
    IMG_8906.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 3,217
  • IMG_8908.JPG
    IMG_8908.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 3,218
Absolutely beautiful. Judging by the rounded dome I would still guess this to be a Model 1853 converted to a Model 1860. It appears to have the 8mm trim and there is no brass trim over the ears. The liner leather is thick and most of the dye is missing (I have a Model 1891 with this type of wear on the liner). The screw posts for the chinscales are 1853 and the chinscales have the ball and hook fastener.
The spike base is slightly different than most I've seen, but I have never seen a metal helmet from this manufacturer, ever.
I must admit that the Wappen is very detailed, but it appears to be cast. Can we get a photo of the reverse side of the Wappen?

Congratulations!

John :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

SkipperJohn said:
Absolutely beautiful. Judging by the rounded dome I would still guess this to be a Model 1853 converted to a Model 1860. It appears to have the 8mm trim and there is no brass trim over the ears. The liner leather is thick and most of the dye is missing (I have a Model 1891 with this type of wear on the liner). The screw posts for the chinscales are 1853 and the chinscales have the ball and hook fastener.
The spike base is slightly different than most I've seen, but I have never seen a metal helmet from this manufacturer, ever.
I must admit that the Wappen is very detailed, but it appears to be cast. Can we get a photo of the reverse side of the Wappen?

Congratulations!

John :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:

Unfortunately, I can not unscrew the Eagle without damaging it. Fixing screw rotates

Back