Kurassier Helmet

Interesting helmet. I wonder if the helmet experts missed this thread

Well the 8K is a legit marking (8th Kurassier regiment). I have seen other 2 and 3 digit stampings on kurassier helmets as well. I have no idea what the V.63. is though.

No idea on the 565 and V 63.
Side posts is not correct for the chinscales.
Photo shows silk canvas underneath but helmet has an em plate.

Thanks for your interest. The helmet had a reconstructed center, unfortunately someone did not take care to do it correctly. Someone suggested that 565 (56.5) is the size. In general, it looked very good, but there were doubts, on another forum there were such voices, so I got rid of it. Maybe I got rid of it too hastily, so be it.
Regards, Paweł.

If this is an officer's helmet, the M91 side posts are incorrect, though they appear to be applied after-market. The close-up of the post shows the retaining brad extended so as to fit the existing hole. If it is an original EM helmet, it has been chromed. I actually recently purchased a Kurassier helm that appears as though someone has tried to make it into an officer's helmet by chroming it and touching up all trim in brass or gold, plating the M-15 removable spike and base in gold, and putting a gold eagle on it. I believe in the past, people got these helmets, and tried to make them look like something they had seen at some point, based purely on memory. I believe sand blasting will be the best option for removing the chrome plating, but I've been holding out to see if I find any evidence of something like it being legitimate.

Back