they wear black armbands
and it appears that the epaulettes are covered in black
I think that it might be in Baden ?
Maybe the Funeral of Fred I ?
Never mailed
no date on the back
SteveK W II  Karlsrube Schloss .jpg

Steve,

it is indeed the funeral of Großherzog Friedrich I von Baden on 7 October 1907. To the Kaiser‘s left are Friedrich II and Crown Prince Gustav of Sweden (the son-in-law of Friedrich I) in the uniform of Grenadier-Regiment zu Pferde Freiherr von Derfflinger (Neumärkisches) Nr. 3.

Regards
Glenn

Another shot from the same occasion. The officers in the second row are from left to right, the two grandsons of Großherzog Friedrich I: Prince Wilhelm of Sweden in the uniform of Dragoner-Regiment Nr. 8 and Prince Gustav Adolf of Sweden in the uniform of Leib-Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 109. Prince Maximilian of Baden (the later chancellor) wears the uniform of the regiment he commanded - 1. Badisches Leib-Dragoner-Regiment Nr. 20.

The troops lining this segment of the processional route appear in the main to be NCOs from Feldartillerie-Regiment Großherzog (1. Badisches) Nr. 14.

Regards
Glenn

Copy of Baden Friedrich II.jpg

Steve,

it is indeed the funeral of Großherzog Friedrich I von Baden on 7 October 1907. To the Kaiser‘s left are Friedrich II and Crown Prince Gustav of Sweden (the son-in-law of Friedrich I) in the uniform of Grenadier-Regiment zu Pferde Freiherr von Derfflinger (Neumärkisches) Nr. 3.

Regards
Glenn
Glenn
Once again excellent work
So F II of Baden would be in the uniform of LGR 109
The crown Prince of Sweden in the uniform of GRzP 3 means he is wearing a feather bush
on his helmet ?
Thanks for the post
my real photo postcard is better than I expected
Steve

Another shot from the same occasion. The officers in the second row are from left to right, the two grandsons of Großherzog Friedrich I: Prince Wilhelm of Sweden in the uniform of Dragoner-Regiment Nr. 8 and Prince Gustav Adolf of Sweden in the uniform of Leib-Grenadier-Regiment Nr. 109. Prince Maximilian of Baden (the later chancellor) wears the uniform of the regiment he commanded - 1. Badisches Leib-Dragoner-Regiment Nr. 20.

The troops lining this segment of the processional route appear in the main to be NCOs from Feldartillerie-Regiment Großherzog (1. Badisches) Nr. 14.

Regards
Glenn

View attachment 32678
More great I D work by Glenn
Maximilian of Baden (the later chancellor) wears the uniform of the regiment he commanded - 1. Badisches Leib-Dragoner-Regiment Nr. 20.
Years ago I owned that Waffenrock of Max of Baden for D R 20
I later traded it to a collector friend
He kept it for a while then moved it on
I think that Weitze had it
and it is now once again in a private collection
Steve

Back