Landsturm collar insignia

joerookery

Does anyone have a picture of the guard corps collar insignia that they wish to share?
avb1915_2.jpg

Jürgen Kraus shows one in the photographic part of his two-volume study on German WWI fieldgrey uniforms.

Regards
Gilles

Thanks Gilles!

I have that picture from volume 2 but was looking for something that was unpublished. I can never get Krauss to answer my e-mails. Thanks again.

Joe,

There is an example shown on the set of old plates of spiked helmet wappen. These plates are still sold today as reprints and have been available continuously since the 1970s. One of the four or five plates in the series is just shoulder board cyphers, but I think it also includes the Garde Korps collar device.

If I may ask, why do you need an unpublished example? Are you wanting something you can print or put on your website without any incumbrances?

Chip

Just remembered that I do have a single shoulder strap from an enlisted man of the Garde Landwehr Bezirkskommando. It has the same style "G" as the metal "G", only formed from cord.

Chip

If I may ask, why do you need an unpublished example? Are you wanting something you can print or put on your website without any incumbrances?

Yes, I was looking for an example of someone wearing it to put in the Landsturm article. I am always inspired by Tony in search of rare examples -- he seems to find a lot of them I just have not found this one. That's what collecting is to me. I have some questions about garde Landsturm as well as guard Shützen. Keeps me off the streets on a Friday night.

Back