Latest Find Forum purge

Starting next week, as the updated forum allows threads to be moved, I will be spending lunch hours going through the Latest Find Forum and any posting over a year old, will be moved to the appropriate forum. Example: A new Pickelhaube from a year a ago will be moved from Latest Find to Pickelhaube discussion.

Hey T.
I had a thought, (I know, a rare thing for me) There is one member of the forum that has been posting some outstanding artillery related items, maybe we need a forum for this topic.
Best
Gsu

PS maybe we could link a site that quotes brass scrap prices so pepole would now why these things are so rare.

Tony and I had also talked about a shouler strap/board section to be added as well. Are there a lot of casing, arty collectors out there??

You might want to consider realigning the moderator structure. There is little function now and some of those guys never check the board anymore.

Hey Brian,
There are a lot of ordinance collectors, especially in the UK, and a section with casings and grenades might be a good thought, but thn, there is always the possibility of having too many subjects and getting too diluted, they might just as well be in WWI
Best
Gus

Gents, I suggest to add some or all of the following sections:
> Blankwaffen & Accessories (German Imperial)
> Rifles, Guns & Accessories (German Imperial)
> Casings, Grenades & Other Weapons (German Imperial)
> General Weapons (WW1 non-German)

Some sections could also be re-named:
> Period Photographs >>> Period Photographs & Postcards

And since we often discuss eBay items & latest finds, the sections could be split or placed outside 'Pickelhauben' so as not to be exclusive to pickelhaubes...

A section I think would be handy is "Websites", where we could recommend related sites but also see when sites have been updated. People like me, Tony, Joe and Pierre who have our own sites could let readers know there's been updates in one handy section.

What do you guys think?

Cheers
Chris

Back