Leib-Husaren Regt. Nr.1 Interims Attila and Schirmmütze

Tony without Kaiser

Departed
Staff member
Here is an exquisite set for All Hallows' Eve: the Interims Attila and Schirmmütze for an officer in Leib-Husaren Regt. Nr.1 (Danzig/Langfuhr) XVII Armee Korps.

The Leib-Husaren Interims Attila is a daily wear garment which is a simpler cut than the parade version. The Attila is jet black with bright silver cord and frosted silver toggles and rosettes. The wide black darts on the shoulder boards indicate an officer a.D. (außer Dienst) i.e., retired. It is a beautiful tunic. The bright silver against the black doeskin is striking.

The Leib-Husaren Regt. Nr.1 officer's Schirmmütze is jet black with red band and white piping unique to this Husaren Regt. The Totenkopf is a "Danziger" pattern worn by both Leib-Husaren Regiments from 1809 to 1918 on Schirmmützen. This pattern is easily identified by the vertical eyes, the rounded protruding teeth and gums, and that protruding wavy line on the right side of the cranium. The visor is leather and shows typical age crazing for its age. The interior is silk with a manufacturer's stamp for J. Robrecht Hoflieferant (Royal Warrant Holder or purveyor to the Royal Household).

A very nice addition to my Totenkopf displays.

dbt40g.jpg

dbt40b.jpg

dbt40a.jpg

dbt40c.jpg

dbch48a.jpg

dbch48e.jpg

Any comments to add about the shoulder straps ?
Do the Prussian darts seem wider than normal or
is it just me ? I was thinking maybe that has a special meaning ?
or otherwise they are just normal ?
As I have not seen an officers Attila in years
after I sold all of mine off
Thanks
Steve

I re read your comments
You had already covered my question
I should have known there would be no stone unturned .

I have some H R 16 officers shoulder straps with the wide black Prussian darts
Steve

KAGGR#1 said:
// Any comments to add about the shoulder straps ?
Do the Prussian darts seem wider than normal or is it just me ? //

You need to pour a glass of that fine smooth Southern whiskey you get to enjoy Steve! :drunken:

Very possible your HR16 officer's are also a.D. (außer Dienst).

dbt40d.jpg

Tony, you know I like these LHR1 and LHR2 things very much :-" Congratulations on this very nice set!

Adler

A very very nice set ,better than this will be hard to find
Great stuff you have found
Congrats

Jonas

Back