Let me be the first... to post SOS photos

Peter_Suciu

Here's a few SOS shots:

SOS11.jpg

SOS10.jpg

SOS2.jpg

And a BIG fake... that fooled a few of us, but I've confirmed this with a few collectors:
SOS1.jpg
[/img]

Hey Peter,
I am glad you made it home OK, it is raining here now, it was snowing earlier today. This place is starting to look like a ghost town now. We are headded out tomorrow.
Best wishes
Gus

Just got home after driving 15 1/2 hours through the worst blizzard we have had in years!

Me my wife and new helmets arrived fine!

Will post many pictures of show and helmets later this week!

James

Hello Boyzzzzzzzzzz

We got in around 1AM this morning...... made pretty good time.... and I just kicked Mosher out around 11 this morning :D

Gus..... I'm gonna miss those potatos !!!!... they were a nice touch.. you be carful coming back..... it had just started to rain when we left at noon yesterday... so we missed the front..

James.... dear table buddy James..... glad you got back as well...... You will find this of interest (and only those at the show will find the humor)..... for Saturday... we only had enough stuff (Mosher and I) to barely cover one table.... so when we set up.. we set up everything as close to (you know who).... so that he could not do any more 'table creep'..... So..... at the end of the line.. we had a big open empty table :D

It was wonderful... look forward to next year !

Cheers
Mark

Mark- that is awesome!

I heard our friend had a major panic attack when he thought his Colberg helmet was missing?

James

Damn.......

That would have been worth driving through the storm to see.... guess we left too early :D

Cheers
Mark

Hey boys:
Margo and I finally got home today at around 5:45pm If you remember, we were supposed to fly out on Sunday from Louisville. Unfortunately, due to ice and snow in Chicago we were cancelled. We had to spend another night at the LaQuinta and flew out today to Dallas then from Dallas to Toronto. Never been to Texas...kinda flat from what I could see but still a hell of a lot warmer than home. Anyway, it is good to be home finally. I will post some pics eventually. I am due to take a bus load of school kids to ski at Mont Tremblant in Quebec on Thursday of this week!! I really wish I could stay home. I love to ski but this SOS trip has done me in. Nice to finally meet you Mark. The Colberg helme was found. The German gentleman with all of the gorgeous helmets told me on Sunday that he plans to come back to the SOS next year! Apparently, things did not turn out so badly for him after all. Those Gus Taters, sandwiches and chocolate chip cookies were excellent. Thanks Mags and Gus! Peter it was great to spend some time with you as well Thanks for the lesson on what to watch out for when buying pith helmets. Congrats on the "grail piece" that you bought!
Slim, what can I say, you are a true gentleman and you are very lucky in that lovely wife of yours! The Show was great even though the prices of Hauben was nuts! Pauly boy, you missed a good one but you will be with us next year! All the best, Brian

Brian- sorry to hear you had such a hard time getting home!

We sure enjoyed seeing you and Margo again, and look forward to next year.

My wife had such a good time with all the girls, that she is excited to come back next year!

James

Hey All,
We are home finally with nearly 4,000 miles on the odometer, Maggie had enough of me so she drove a seperate vehicle home from Yuma Arizona. We managed to drive to Texas faster than Brian and Margo flew. Texas is overrated, we were able to drive clear across the state from east to west in less than two hours (we did cross into another time zone to do it though) It is an easy day's drive from Joe's to Kentucky, but he allowed three days for the drive, because Texans think their state is so big it takes two days just to drive out of the state. Lots of fun had, met some new people, and celebrated a new birthday (I will post photos if I can get my camera to work before I am banned from the forum.
Best wihses
Gus

Rendsburg said:
Hi Gsu,
I want at least 3.974 new pics...
Toto :ANGRY:
Hey Otto, I will do even better than that, I will post 4 more photos, but I am waiting for a replacement camera, I have problems with electric watches, and now I found out I kill electric cameras too. The information is still on the card, but I need the new camera to access it in a way that I can send you photos. Is it possible that in Brazil, you use a "." where we would use a "." for example, in the US "3.974" is a little less than 4, but "3,974" is a whole lot more. I learned this when I bid $1040 for a book when I only wanted to pay $10.40, I am sure I was the only moron bidding on that book.
Best wihses
Gus

Back