Lets talk Felts

J.LeBrasseur

Administrator
Staff member
I just got a new Prussian felt in with different type of chinstrap that I want other Opinions on. I have seen the cloth type which I have and am showing in one of the pics, but first time seeing a knit fabric one? Thoughts?

Also, just for fun, we know Felts come with Brass fittings and Field grey fittings and very rare German Silver fittings, but I wanted to show the other two styles, which are Chemically darkened Brass and Green paint types.

James

Knit or woven chinstrap

Cloth type

Green hardware

Couple Chemically darkened ones or painted styles.

Nice felt collection.
Very nice grey Garde arty.
I have been looking for a Garde felt for years grey or brass and yours is an arty !
Thanks for sharing your mixed chinstrap collection as well.

I just got a new Prussian felt in with different type of chinstrap that I want other Opinions on. I have seen the cloth type which I have and am showing in one of the pics, but first time seeing a knit fabric one? Thoughts?

Also, just for fun, we know Felts come with Brass fittings and Field grey fittings and very rare German Silver fittings, but I wanted to show the other two styles, which are Chemically darkened Brass and Green paint types.

James

Knit or woven chinstrap

Cloth type

Green hardware

Couple Chemically darkened ones or painted styles.

Dear James,
Dont' worry but I dont' like the first fabric chinstrap you showed
It's too large and a bit too thin. In my humble opinion it's a modified Ww2 italian canteen carrier strap.

Dear James,
Dont' worry but I dont' like the first fabric chinstrap you showed
It's too large and a bit too thin. In my humble opinion it's a modified Ww2 italian canteen carrier strap.
Zeb- no worries at all, that is why I posted it, not sure if it is real or not, appreciate the feedback.

I will take it off helmet and post complete pictures of the strap soon.

James

Here is one of my fabric type chinstrap that I have not put it on any helmet as yet. I have a steel helmet with similar fabric chinstrap 20230727_200040.jpg

Back