life ....

I have settled down (well almost!!) in France now.
The plan we (my wife and I) had, was to retire earlyer then the new regulations would allowed us.
Selling the old house in Antwerp, didn't go easily....dealing with a multi national, isn't my thing!
The process toke 20 months.
20 months, of uncertainties.... AND having to deal with the loss of you love one, as well, made it a nightmare...
It is nearly 14 months now that my wife is gone, and only now comes my time to grieve....
I was hoping to find rest in the periode after the deal of selling the house , but buying and settling in the new home didn't go as smooth eighter.
Nothing to compare with previous periode, but still no rest.
The dog we adopted 4 years ago, is 11 now and not doing well. And needs lots of attention.
Only got internet at home, since yesterday.
Had to drive 20 minutes to my cousin, to get on internet, before.

And need to go back to Antwerp to take care of some unfinished buisiness there.
Also greatest parts of our belongings are stocked in a warehouse near the place we used to live, and needs to get here as well.
My TR collection and greatest part of my Belgian Congo collection, were sold to overcome the first financial problems due to a decese. No remorse on that matter, it was planned to be like that, only with the idea that I would have been the first to go....

Still got my pickels and Belgian stuff. But all boxed and in the warehouse.

Should have been at the restaurant with my cousin and his wife, now. Celebrating his anniversary. But my first attempt to wash at a laundry service, went disastrous....Wanted to wash my only set ( I can find for the momment! ) of bedding stuff....but got it stil wet back...I must have mist something some where...had to get back home and try to dry it before I get to bed....
And that is the type of days I am getting here, now, since my arriving here.

I am just reading this post. As I echo all the condolences of the others. This is an indeed one of the biggest shocks that anyone has to overcome. I am glad that you have received support and I am glad that you felt comfortable to share with us on the forum. I hope that things are getting better, that you are getting situated and acclimatized to you new "Normal". This is something that is never easy. We are here in moral support. Putting out good thoughts and prayers in the world; hoping to lift you up.
Best Regards,
JustinG

Back