Long Shot

SkipperJohn

I am looking for an original M1867 slider clip.
I know it's a long shot. It looks like this:

FuK3JGg.png

Let me know if anybody can spare one.

John :)

Is this what you are looking for?

https://www.ebay.fr/itm/crochet-1867-plaque-casque-a-pointe-pickelhaube-emblem-haken-helmet-hook-embleme-/283612307276?&_trksid=p2056016.l4276

Richard

Thank you. I'll give it a try.
Pickelhaubes are like cars --- more expensive for the parts than for the whole!

John :D

That's true. But when you're looking for a hard to find part, like this clip, you have to jump on it when you have an opportunity. It may be years before you see another one on the loose. Hopefully, the cost of the part helps increase the overall value of the helmet. Good luck with it.

Regards,

Richard

richesz28 said:
That's true. But when you're looking for a hard to find part, like this clip, you have to jump on it when you have an opportunity. It may be years before you see another one on the loose. Hopefully, the cost of the part helps increase the overall value of the helmet. Good luck with it.

Regards,

Richard

Thank you for keeping me in mind when you saw this item on Ebay.
I am still undecided on whether or not to buy it. It is not the same as the one on my helmet, and in order for me to use it I would have to drill two new holes. I'm not in favor of doing this. The one on my helmet is stamped steel made from a single plate. The loop is pressed out of the center of the plate leaving a hole. The biggest difference is that the clips that attach the fixture to the helmet are folded over from the edge of the oval, not soldered on.
I will have to give it some more thought. I've waited this long, so I may just continue to wait for the correct part.

John ](*,)

Back