Looking for Regiment

aicusv

I'm trying to find out what regiment(s) two of my wife's Uncles severed with during the war (1914-18). Josef and Rudolf Hummel from Essinglen Württemberg. Both survived the war. Hoping some one can help. Thank you.

coert65 said:
What are you doing on this forum?

As little as possible. I know that many of our members have access to information that I do not have and thought someone would help. Is there a better place?

aicusv said:
coert65 said:
What are you doing on this forum?

As little as possible. I know that many of our members have access to information that I do not have and thought someone would help. Is there a better place?
I didn't mean you aicusv, my post was meant for the guy who commented on your post.(HenryTauct) And is probably removed now.
Because I cannot see his post now anymore.
Have a nice sunday, and by the way, you are right this is the best place for info.
But not for motorcycle helmets the guy I was referring to asked about. :thumb up:

aicusv said:
Josef and Rudolf Hummel from Essinglen Württemberg. Both survived the war.

I think you are meaning the city of Esslingen (Eßlingen). I just have a look in the Verlustlisten, hoping one of them was maybe one time mentioned because of be wounded. But no Josef nor Rudolf HUMMEL...Only three other HUMMEL from Eßlingen: Richard (JR127, RJR122), Johannes (JR180) and Ernst (RJR121)...
If we had the unit, I could easily track them in the württembergischen Kriegsstammrollen....No old document or period picts from those guys?

Philippe
:wink:

Thank you, but I have no documents - I have Rudy's EK - Their brother - in -law was in IR123. (all were wife's Uncles).
I think Henry gets some of his posts mixed up.

Back