Lost the leader of the pack....

stuka f

I know how important dog's can be to most members of the forum, so i tought i might share thise with you ,guy's!
Tomorrow will be a fortnight my wife and I lost one of our beloved dog's.
He was a stunning Rohdesian Ridgeback, who provided us a lot of happyness !
Two days before his 9 th birthday, he died litteraly in our arms.
Lucky I was home and managed to stay with him all the way.
DSCF0336.jpg

100_0069.jpg

100_0073.jpg

So sorry to hear that Kris! He was one beautiful dog...

I know how this feels but hey, life goes on no matter what!

All the best to you!

I lost my little cow dog several years ago, she could do the work of two men and still have time to bite my sister on the ankle. You can not replace them, but some times another good dog shows up.
Best
Gus

Sorry for your loss.

Our Daisy dog is 10 years old and whenever it happens I think Mama will take it really hard.

You don't get used to it.....
Our last RR, had to be put a sleep, yesterday evening.
By the same vet who helped here 13 years and five months ago, when she was born.
It all happened very quietly, in here own environment, after a good meal ....
The house is empty now....

Kris, I'm so sorry for you! I know all too well how it feels, and how empty the place is... But maybe you'll catch a glimpse of her every now and then out of the corner of your eye, or hear a familiar sound that's gone before you realise what it is, or a familiar smell that faintly surrounds you before it's gone as suddenly as it came. I wish you strength, mate! And may your dogs run free and happy on the other side of the Rainbow Bridge!

Thank you!
Recovery, ain't that easy... had RR since I was a child.
And at least 3 (had the same time)for more then 20 years.
The thing is I am getting to old to manage those big dogs.
Lift them and carry them from stairs, if needed, isn't that simple anymore...

Kris, like others here I know the feeling far too well - it's like part of yourself has gone, leaving a dog-shaped emptiness in your heart. I wish you strength!

Hey guy's!
Thanks a lot all.

...we ended up with....the biggest RR we ever had!
A giant, very handsome and gentle dog.
He was 6 years old when we got him at the end of last summer.
He needed a new home ....for the third time...

It took us, twice, a six hour trip to Germany. First to check the situation and two weeks later to fetch him.
It was a weird experience. The people he was with had 3 dogs, and only he stood at the gate as he was waiting for us, when we arrived the first time.
When the owner let us in, the dog grabbed my hand without hurting me and didn't let go until we left, two hours later....
But we needed to think it over, and we had our holiday in France planned. So we agreed to come and fetch him after our holidays

He is not crazy about women, but became a good friend of my wife after two weeks with us.
After half a hour in the car with us we had the feeling that dog was with us like for ages...

We have a few concerns about his health. Otherwise no problems what so ever. He didn't do anything he shouldn't since he is with us.
We can leave him for quiet some time "home alone", and when ever he join us on a small trip or a visit to the pub, everything goes well too.

Meet "Zep";
- when laying in the sun, behind glass

-when laying inside and there is no sun

- when running up and down the garden along the fence with the neighbor dog

- on a short tripp

Back