M15 Garde, Eisen Bahn Regiment.

coert65

Hello,
My latest addition to my collection, a M15 from an Eisenbahn regiment.
Some pictures, all be it not so good as they were taken in my livingroom with a shoddy telephone..

It looks like it says Eisenbahn Regiment 3 (ER3) in the little square on the right, on the left the hardly readable Bekleidungsamt stamp says
XVIII, which should be normal for regiment 2 and 3. On the front schirm is a name, and E.B.K10, 10th kompanie eisenbahn?
On the front schirm it is written in handwriting.

Any comments are welcome, am very happy with this helmet!

Greetings, Coert.

Thanks guy's,

I'm very happy with it! I will make better pictures in the weekend, when I get home from work daylight is almost gone, hence the candlelight. :wink:
But since the season of Christmas is getting close it has something nice about it.
Will post other pictures too, because today a Prussian Artillery M15 and a Prussian M15 Tschako found their way to me.
Thanks for the nice comments! :thumb up:

Quite scarce Haube! I only saw till today a few pre-war ER with silver fitting. As the M15 helmets were not often regimentally marked, this one is beautiful! The RBA XVIII (I only knew the RBA 18 stamp) is perfectly matching with the ER3 which was in the city of Hanau.

Please try to make some good picts of the name in the front visor! maybe we can track the wearer!

Philippe
:wink:

Thank you Philippe,

I saw this one for sale, and the seller probably didn't notice the ER3 stamp. But I did..
I will make better pictures this saturday, in normal light so we can see. I also only saw RBA18 but only in pictures, never in real. The roman stamping RBA XVIII caught my eye and I started searching. ER2 and 3 had the same RBA.
I like this helmet a lot, everything is matching on it. Color of the fittings..
Saturday I will also make pictures of the writing on the frontvisor, which is handwritten, I hope we can find out more about the wearer.

Greetings, Coert. :) :thumb up:

Coert,

That is wonderful! What a great addition to the collection. Thank you for sharing it with us.

John

Thank you all!

I am very happy to own this nice helmet. :)
Will try to place pictures of the owners name but it is really hard to read, or photograph..

Here some pictures of the name in the front schirm, all handwritten, it seems to be Otto Retz. But can't really be sure about it.

Maybe some guy's here can read it better than me. :thumb up:

Coert,

I cannot help with the name, there is only one Otto RETZ in the Verlustliste of the imperial army and he was in a Württemberg unit.

But I think that E.B. K. 10 is meaning: Eisenbahn Bau Kompanie 10 with garrison in Hanau, as the ER3. As those guys were not in the front area, it is very possible that he has never been wounded.

There was a Eisenbahn Betriebs Kompanie 10 too, but its garrison was Metz.

Philippe
:wink:

Thanks Philippe,

Any info about it is always very welcome ! Thanks for taking the effort of looking in your verlustliste, I dont have them, I only have
the rangliste book. The guy will probably have been behind the lines, as you say.

Have a good evening, greetings and again thanks for your effort!

Coert. :thumb up:

Back