M16 3 tone camo with unknown emblem

Stahlhelm

E.T. 64 camo with a mysterious painted emblem consisting of a black cross over top a white diamond field. The emblem was painted directly onto the camo, but clearly prior to the application of the black dividing lines. The helmet reportedly was found last spring in an attic in Pennsylvania along with another similar camo (without emblem) and an M15 Garde Pickelhaube.

M16camo8.jpg

M16camo1.jpg

M16camo2.jpg

M16camo3.jpg

M16camo4.jpg

M16camo5.jpg

M16camo6.jpg

M16camo7.jpg

M16camo15.jpg

Nice catch Hans!
I don't know about the emblem but I noticed something quite interesting in that second to last photo...
The soldier--hopefully German :wink: --who painted the helmet seems to have left his DNA on it!
If my eyes aren't betraying me, you can actually see a partial fingerprint--the thumb I presume :thumb up: --on the brim.
The guy was either still painting the helmet or simply holding it to dry...
Quite exciting but I bet you already saw that, didn't you?

Ron, the fingerprint was almost certainly left by the painter. I hoped that would stick out in the picture. I recall having at least 2 other camos with fingerprints in the paint.

Thanks very much for the comments.

Hey, that is my thumb print, I wondered where I left my helmet. Hey Hans, you better keep your address a secret, because I am gassing up my truck, and headed your way, you have way too much cool stuff.
Best
Gus

We all know it's Han's stick grenade you're after Gus... you're only using the Stahlhelm as a decoy :wink:

RON said:
We all know it's Han's stick grenade you're after Gus... you're only using the Stahlhelm as a decoy :wink:
I lust after more than the M1915 grenade, Hans has so much cool stuff that I ruin a keyboard with drool everytime he posts photos. He should have to pay me for the damage to may computer, not to mention the damage to my wallet when I see something that I "must" have.
Best
Gsu

Gustaf said:
Hey Hans, you better keep your address a secret, because I am gassing up my truck, and headed your way
Gus

It's the second big house on the right after you cross the border. Key's under the mat. :^o

Stahlhelm said:
Gustaf said:
Hey Hans, you better keep your address a secret, because I am gassing up my truck, and headed your way
Gus

It's the second big house on the right after you cross the border. Key's under the mat. :^o
Oh crap, getting across the boarder is the big problem for me after the hand grenade indecent.

Back